The Student Room Group

Can I redo my GCSEs from home/online?

I'm 19 years old in a few months, I left school after completing my GCSEs in 2013 with low grades. I achieved one C grade in Textiles, my Maths and English were D's and that's all I can really remember. Everything else was D or lower. And I think I got a distinction in BTEC ICT, they never provided me with those results but my expected grade was an A and I was getting only distinctions throughout my last two years of it.

I struggled a lot in school, I was bullied and have suffered with depression since I was 12 years old. And my anxiety holds me back a lot too, I haven't done anything since I left school, I tried to do sixth form but left after a few days because I couldn't cope. I was going to redo my maths and english GCSEs and was forced into doing a business BTEC course to make up for my lack of GCSEs.

Is there a way for me to redo my maths and english from home? The environment in education is what I can't deal with the most, and my anxiety stops me from leaving the house a lot. I go out maybe 2 or 3 times a month. I could attend my local college and do a Pre-Access course there but I think it would be a rerun of secondary school, where I just wouldn't go.

Quick Reply

Latest