Turn on thread page Beta

www.studentfinancedirect.co.uk how to log in? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    anyone know how to log into their account on the student finance direct site? i got me details sent to me but i just cant find where to log in??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    anyone know how to log into their account on the student finance direct site? i got me details sent to me but i just cant find where to log in??
    havent they delayed it again?

it was supposed to be ready in april!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    havent they delayed it again?

it was supposed to be ready in april!
    well thats what i thought, then they told me it'll be ready in may. but now its june? and i cant seem to find where to log in.

ReputationRep:
    Copied and pasted from 'Latest News' section on Student Finance Direct website:

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR STUDENT LOAN APPLICANTS FOR 2004/2005

You may have been told that any applicant can now apply for a student loan via this site and access his or her account. THIS FACILITY IS NOT YET IN PLACE.

Student Finance Direct hoped to be able to provide full access for all applicants by May 2004 but, for a number of reasons, this has not been possible. Please look out for information on this page which will tell you when your Local Education Authority area is being phased in to the new Customer Portal.

We are asking all applicants to submit their forms on paper until further notice. If you have not yet submitted your application you should download it now by clicking here.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Basically although you have a password you can't log in to your account yet as it's facility to do so isn't up and running. God only knows why they are still sending the letters out!!

ReputationRep:
    What was the point in sending us two seperate letters then including a secret password and answer.

And why do they keep addressing to me as Mr Daniellle Geoerginia Robinnson?

I've corrected that as well as my address, yet they still keep sending me letters addressed to that and some random house about 4 miles away.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh. I just got my second letter today, got very confused, as they have sent me TWO different password now!! lol

I looked on the website and thought... "where can i login" and noticed a tiny little link saying "This feature is not yet available."

Then i thought, i know i'll return to UK Learning! They know everything! lol

It's such a waste of paper though... useless government subcontractors.

ReputationRep:
    You still can't login. I can't believe any computer failure is so bad it's this overdue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    You still can't login. I can't believe any computer failure is so bad it's this overdue.
    Speaking as someone who knows this sort of thing, I am working in government at the mo. I dont think there has ever been a IT project completed on time in the whole of the govt!!! Its all to do with budgets and contracts. All very messy but the upshot is that every computer system the government will try to implement it will run over budget and late!! lol! I wouldnt be surprised if it isn't working in the new year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFi25)
    Speaking as someone who knows this sort of thing, I am working in government at the mo. I dont think there has ever been a IT project completed on time in the whole of the govt!!! Its all to do with budgets and contracts. All very messy but the upshot is that every computer system the government will try to implement it will run over budget and late!! lol! I wouldnt be surprised if it isn't working in the new year!
    Hehe, thanks for the confirmation. I know now not to have my hopes up for this sort of thing.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.