The Student Room Group

How long before exams did you leave your AS level revision?

I think you can guess why I am asking loool
A couple of weeks. Soon regretted it. You should be revising from the start of the year really.
3 months with well-developed study plan
I left my revision far too late, maybe a few weeks before my exams started, due to a combination of depression and an almost complete loss of motivation. I still did reasonably well, however it also meant that I was then under a lot of stress, so I really recommend starting as early as you can and not leaving everything to the last minute :smile:
Original post by dmy15
I think you can guess why I am asking loool

6 months
The last month before the exam period for proper revision. Still got A's but I was under a lot of stress and had 3 meltdowns over one of the subject.
Start now! You've still got time.
You can still get A/Bs if you work really hard and get your head down.
Began studying about 6 weeks before my Highers (which I think equates to AS) and I did fairly well.
Reply 8
Original post by harmony_x
Start now! You've still got time.
You can still get A/Bs if you work really hard and get your head down.

Provided you're talking about AS levels, do you genuinely believe you can't achieve high A's from this stage onwards?
Original post by AKRYL
Provided you're talking about AS levels, do you genuinely believe you can't achieve high A's from this stage onwards?

I think you can - almost 3 months until my first exam, and I'm confident I can pass - and with enough work, A's.
Original post by AKRYL

You definitely can!
Original post by AKRYL

You definitely can!
It also depends on the individual itself though. Some people need even less than that to get decent grades.
Hard work defiantly does pay off but I would't recommend anyone leaving it too late to revise.
Original post by Vikingninja
The last month before the exam period for proper revision. Still got A's but I was under a lot of stress and had 3 meltdowns over one of the subject.

What subject was this?

Spoiler

i started revising in April and got AAB for my AS-Levels.
op don't worry
Reply 14
im guessing you're really clever then lol
Reply 15
Started revising 2-3 weeks before my AS exams, but for my later exams (philosophy ect. ) I had completely given up and accepted defeat and had planned to drop it anyway.

Flash forward to results day, guess who got an A in philosophy :teehee: (ABBD altogether)
Original post by dmy15
im guessing you're really clever then lol

despite what school will have you believe, it's not about the amount of revision you do, it's how you revise.

Quick Reply

Latest