Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've always been a big fan of American comedy shows, and I watch them religiously. Every time I finish one, I move onto another one. Examples such as:

Spoiler:
    Show

The Big Bang Theory
    How I Met Your Mother
    Two And A Half Men
    New Girl
    2 Broke Girls
    Baby Daddy
    Modern Family
    The Goldbergs
    Friends
    Family Guy
    The Office (USA)
    Parks & Recreation
    My Name Is Earl
    Everybody Hates Chris
    Fresh Off The Boat
    Dr Ken
    Fresh Prince
    Kenan & Kel
    Drake & Josh
    Scrubs
    Brooklyn Nine Nine
    Community
    Arrested Development
    South Park
    Entourage
    Happy Endings
    Undateable

However, I should have more interest in British comedies as I'm born and brought up here. But I just don't seem to enjoy British shows as much as American ones, and the ones I do like are way outnumbered by the American ones. Lots of British comedies don't seem to run for very long, and there aren't many current ones I can think of as much as there were over the last 30 years or so. The ones I do like:

Spoiler:
    Show

Only Fools And Horses
    The Inbetweeners
    Little Britain
    Citizen Khan
    Little Miss Jocelyn
    Miranda
    Fawlty Towers
    My Hero
    Goodness Gracious Me
    Bad Education
    Keeping Up Appearances
    The Office (UK)

As you can see, the number of American comedies I like is pretty much twice as long as the number of British comedies. And that can't be because we don't make enough - there are plenty of good British comedies out there which I've just never taken much interest in, or that I've tried but didn't like.

Any recommendations for good British comedy shows that I haven't mentioned above? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    peep show is a MUST watch
    also check out the IT crowd, thats pretty good too

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.