Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Due to Lse being my first choice I was very happy at first when i got an unconditional offer from lse few weeks ago. However as I read up on the uni life and as I spoke with a couple of graduates I found out that Lse maybe isn't the university I'm looking for.

So first all, I heard concerns about the student life at Lse. Allegedly there are much less shared activities and events, furthermore you just get to know the people living next to you and some of your course, because of the widespread campuses and the sort of decentralised organsation.

+ is it true that you basically get "kicked out" of the campuses after year 1, so you'd have to live privately somewhere in London, which would, imo completely destroy typical uni campus life?

Third thing I heard is that Lse is a better pick for a Master because Graduate students get much more attention and the better teaching staff, whereas undergraduate students have to work much more on their own, getting not that much help from their tutors like they would at other universities.

So some of this might seem a bit far-fetched probably, however I'd really like to know what youre thinking about it, is Lse a good choice for me, when I honestly don't want to miss the whole "typical uni campus" with different activity clubs, tutoring etc, especially in comparison to Warwick for example?

Many thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 3, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.