Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Never mind c: getting help from university I applied to.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi LaurenElizabeth1

    If you are still in contact with your mum we would ask you to provide her information to support your application.
    You would need 3 years of being independent to be assessed on your own circumstances. Independent criteria is:

    • are 25 or over before the start of the academic year
    • are under 25 and married/divorced
    • have care of a child
    • are married or in a civil partnership
    • have no living parents
    • are irreconcilably estranged from their parents
    • have been the subject of a care order
    • cannot find their parents or it's not reasonably practical to get in touch with them
    A student can also be considered independent if they supported themselves financially for at least three years prior to the start of their course. The three years can include periods when they were:
    • In paid full-time employment
    • In receipt of Income Support, JSA or other state benefits paid to a person who is registered as unemployed
    • In receipt of incapacity benefits, invalidity pension or maternity allowance
    • Receiving training under any scheme for the unemployed or other funding by any state authority or agency
    The three years of self support do not need to be consecutive.

Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.