Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I know that Warwick offers grants to low income families as well as bursaries. But if you apply for them, can you not also apply to charities for grants? I'm not really sure if there are charities that do offer grants so some clarity would be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Why wouldn't you be able to apply for multiple awards? If an organisation doesn't explicitly prohibit this (or, more likely, ask you to declare any other funds you have applied to concurrently) then I would apply to as many sources as you can.

I think the situation is a little different once you accept a bursary/grant/scholarship as the financial circumstances under which you presumably made your other applications will then have changed. I think you would then be obliged to inform other organisations of that change and that might effect whether or not you remain eligible and/or they want to award you further funds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MonteCristo)
    Why wouldn't you be able to apply for multiple awards? If an organisation doesn't explicitly prohibit this (or, more likely, ask you to declare any other funds you have applied to concurrently) then I would apply to as many sources as you can.

I think the situation is a little different once you accept a bursary/grant/scholarship as the financial circumstances under which you presumably made your other applications will then have changed. I think you would then be obliged to inform other organisations of that change and that might effect whether or not you remain eligible and/or they want to award you further funds.
    Sounds right. Warwick's bursary is automatic if you're low income though, provided you've not, like, already got a degree?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.