Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA 1F Industrialisation and the people: Britain, c1783–1885 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Exams are in a couple of months time so i was just wondering, how you guys are getting on ?
    Kinda confused with the Standard of living debate apart from that I'm alright .... what other units are you guys doing?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing 1F and Cold war which I think is 2R , but i started britain module just after christmas and finished cold war first so that when we do the exam Britain will of been in our heads recently as that exam is first, my only problem with Britain is the sources because the language used, by briggs particularly , is just quite hard to understand and actually grasp what he's saying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brettmulrennan)
    I'm doing 1F and Cold war which I think is 2R , but i started britain module just after christmas and finished cold war first so that when we do the exam Britain will of been in our heads recently as that exam is first, my only problem with Britain is the sources because the language used, by briggs particularly , is just quite hard to understand and actually grasp what he's saying
    What Book are you using ?
    what do you Briggs particularly?
    are you talking about the articles on the Standard of living debate ?

We actually just finished Germany which is 2O - we did up and till the Enabling Act which is pretty straight forward compared to Britain which was going through so much turbulence in a brief period of time :/ not saying it was sudden but rather ''a build up''

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got to the standard living debate yet , just finished the napoleonic war, tbibk I'm starting it next week , and 'Asa Briggs ' the conservative historian , he's really precise with his wording and it's confusing , what grade do you want to get at the end ?

ReputationRep:
    And industrialisation and the people of Britain I think , don't quote me on that tho

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the same period and I find those source questions so hard, especially with no past papers that I could go over. I have absolutely no idea what they're gonna ask for in the mark scheme and what sort of pattern I have to follow when I answer the questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasinfinities)
    I'm doing the same period and I find those source questions so hard, especially with no past papers that I could go over. I have absolutely no idea what they're gonna ask for in the mark scheme and what sort of pattern I have to follow when I answer the questions.
    Tell me about it -_-
    I'm really hoping since we're the first to take this exam that they're gonna make it slightly easier xD

ReputationRep:
    I really really hate Industrialisation, I don't know why but I find this topic so hard to condense and revise! Does anyone have any tips? I am great with my other topic (Cold War) but this one has me stuck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hurbad)
    Tell me about it -_-
    I'm really hoping since we're the first to take this exam that they're gonna make it slightly easier xD

We're like those rodents that they do animal testing on lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilytegg)
    I really really hate Industrialisation, I don't know why but I find this topic so hard to condense and revise! Does anyone have any tips? I am great with my other topic (Cold War) but this one has me stuck!
    have you managed to find a way to revise it? Care to share your tips lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasinfinities)
    We're like those rodents that they do animal testing on lol
    Hopefully if we **** up we can blame the new syllabus haha (which i strongly doubt we can)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.