Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the process of choosing my GCSES and in the future I would like to become a dentist. I am struggling with my options as I have to pick 4 options. I have picked 2; French and triple science but I do not know what else to pick. I am struggling between geography and history. for the fourth one I don't know what to pick
    HELP!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitkat292)
    I'm in the process of choosing my GCSES and in the future I would like to become a dentist. I am struggling with my options as I have to pick 4 options. I have picked 2; French and triple science but I do not know what else to pick. I am struggling between geography and history. for the fourth one I don't know what to pick
    HELP!!!!!!
    What options are there?
    Would you consider doing geography and history?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am really stressed. I am better at history but my friends and teachers are saying geography will help more with medicine!

ReputationRep:
    HELP!!!!!!
    depends what you like really, if you like graphs and learning about how our world works, pick geography, if you prefer getting your point across and like debates and arguments and ESSAYS, choose history

ReputationRep:
    I am really stressed. I am better at history but my friends and teachers are saying geography will help more with medicine!
    definitely do what you are better at and history is a really interesting subject. geography won't make the difference between you not getting into dentistry school!!

ReputationRep:
    i dont like either what option would you recommend for my 4th option

ReputationRep:
    i dont like either what option would you recommend for my 4th option
    What are your favourite subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i like history science and music

ReputationRep:
    i like history science and music
    How would you feel about GCSE music?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    went to a taster and it was really interesting. i love singing and preforming

ReputationRep:
    went to a taster and it was really interesting. i love singing and preforming
    Well, I say French, Triple science, history and music sound perfect for you then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i think that to however my family dont know i sing so if they ask y music they will say no as they think its useless

ReputationRep:
    i think that to however my family dont know i sing so if they ask y music they will say no as they think its useless
    How would you feel about telling them you sing? Do you play any instruments as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you could talk to your teachers about the course itself for geography and history or any options you may be considering, compare what you might enjoy most and get better grades in? thats what i did

ReputationRep:
    i would lie to but whe my sister told them she sings they put so much pressure on her and id want that.

ReputationRep:
    tomorrow at school there is an options fair so i will go and ask some questions

ReputationRep:
    i would lie to but whe my sister told them she sings they put so much pressure on her and id want that.
    Fair enough - are there an instruments you can play?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    only violin but i havent played in 2 or 3 years

ReputationRep:
    What grade did you get to? Maybe you could tell them that you'd use this for your performance? I mean, think about the advantages and disadvantages of telling your parents and choosing music. Pick which one seems greater. I'd personally go with what I enjoy the most/what helps with my career.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    DRAMA?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.