Turn on thread page Beta

I just don't trust my girlfriend, what do I do? watch

We've been together for 4/5 months now, I thought I could trust her and we used to argue about this all the time until we finally had a long talk and sorted things out. I had to agree not to be controlling or obsessive and to stop accusing her of things or else our relationship would come to an end.

So the last few weeks I've not really said anything and I've not caused any arguments but I just can't seem to trust my girlfriend. I don't know why? I don't if it's because she used to have a last of playing around abit or if it's because I've been cheated on in the past.

I know that without trust there's no relationship. I want to atleast try build my trust for her because I do love her so much and she does make me happy. I'd say I trust her about 75% but it should be 100%. Like what shall I do? I don't want to feel like this anymore, I don't want to keep living in fear. I just want to trust her!

ReputationRep:
    She's a clearly a whore. I don't know why she is but she is. Doesn't sound healthy.

ReputationRep:
    Relationships need trust, if you don't trust her there's not much of a point. But you have to ask yourself why don't you trust her? It sounds like your own insecurities rather than anything she's done which is pretty unfair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva.Gregoria)
    Relationships need trust, if you don't trust her there's not much of a point. But you have to ask yourself why don't you trust her? It sounds like your own insecurities rather than anything she's done which is pretty unfair.
    Insecurity isn't always bad, if your gut is telling you there's something wrong there probably is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Insecurity isn't always bad, if your gut is telling you there's something wrong there probably is
    Yes but he clearly said he's been cheated on in the past and that may be where this stems from. Clearly not everyone's gut feeling is right.

ReputationRep:
    One of my best mates has a relationship where his girlfriend doesn't trust him. They've been together like 2 years despite both of them clearly being unhappy and there being a fallout roughly every month or so on average.

Try to figure out why you don't trust her, if you can't find any reason for it and yet still feel you can't trust her just break up before your relationship becomes some senseless cycle of paranoia and arguing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2016
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.