Turn on thread page Beta

Asking a female out in the gym watch

ReputationRep:
    "I was wondering whether i could take up 1 or 2 minutes of your time"

Bruh, are you asking her out, or trying to convert her to being a Jehovahs Witness?

(Original post by whorace)
    Not bad Hepburn, if she's by the weights i'd go for 'Wait a minute, you're fit, i'm fit, let's fit together'
    You're a master at picking up girls aren't you?

ReputationRep:
    Just be honest and tell her that she looks like a really nice female and you'd like to get a drink sometime.

Be sure to use those exact words to avoid any potential weirdness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    You're a master at picking up girls aren't you?
    Only when they're lighter than me.

I'm not being racist or anything.

ReputationRep:
    This could be weird inside the gym, try catch her in the car park or something.

(Original post by samina_ay)
    Humans aren't jigsaw pieces, babe
    Our reproductive organs actually are though.

(Original post by leinad2012)
    "I was wondering whether i could take up 1 or 2 minutes of your time"

Bruh, are you asking her out, or trying to convert her to being a Jehovahs Witness?
    :rofl:
    Only when they're lighter than me.

I'm not being racist or anything.
    Do you ever take a pun break?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    This could be weird inside the gym, try catch her in the car park or something.

Our reproductive organs actually are though.
    i knew that.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

Do you ever take a pun break?
    I actually can't stop

ReputationRep:
    this is what the internet has done to a generation - need to ask advise on how to strike up a face to face conversation

she lifts weights in the gym, that is what attracted me to her, she lifts with full intensity, I train with full intensity its hard to find a girl with that that same passion.
    I am telling you, iv been struggling to sleep please dont laugh, I keep thinking of how to approach her, I first made contact with her when I helped her with a exercise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello
    I have been attending the gym for a long time, I have been thinking of this one in the gym, I have been thinking of her for a long time, I dont like any of the other females in the gym, I was thinking of just being straight and asking her out on a date.
    the dialogue would be like this not exact but a rough idea.
    Me- Hi there, I was wondering if I could use this machine as well, I was going to be doing the same exercise.
    Alternative dialogue- Hi there, I hope, I am not interupting you, I was wondering if I could have 1 or 2 minutes of your time,
    Me- I wanted to ask you out, I want to ask you are you single, I would like to take you out for coffee or for dinner.
    Me- I like you, So I wanted to be straight with you, I wanted to ask you out, if you say no, its ok as well, there is no pressure, I dont want you feeling pressured.

I want to be straight with her, I dont want to mess around, I really like her, I have been thinking of how to ask her out, I was ill this week, so I could not go to the gym to ask her out, I will be doing it Monday, Any tips and advice.
    How about

'Hi I'm a fckboi'
    End.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    how old are you?

you sound mildly socially retarded no offence. i can tell you this now if she's a gym chick she probably has a lot of guys hitting on her who are 'impressed with how she lifts so passionately' so dont be like the 100 other lame-o's who act like they've never seen a girl in the gym before, you need to set yourself apart

you 'really like her' but you've barely actually spoken to her?? lol this will go well

ReputationRep:
    "Hey gurl, I think you're fit. Let's get more fit together" xx
    Not bad Hepburn, if she's by the weights i'd go for 'Wait a minute, you're fit, i'm fit, let's fit together'
    ngl id find it quite funny if a guy said these to me (in a funny way ofc), better than the awkward lines op has posted

(Original post by tootles44)
    how old are you?

you sound mildly socially retarded no offence. i can tell you this now if she's a gym chick she probably has a lot of guys hitting on her who are 'impressed with how she lifts so passionately' so dont be like the 100 other lame-o's who act like they've never seen a girl in the gym before, you need to set yourself apart

you 'really like her' but you've barely actually spoken to her?? lol this will go well
    I suffer with Learning disabilities, I find what you said to be offensive, I struggle sometimes with everyday life, I would not call myself retarded, I want advice and tips. I spoke to her for a brief couple seconds or so, it was nothing like a long conversation, I really do like her.

ReputationRep:
    Any updates OP?

(Original post by zKlown)
    Any updates OP?
    Yes, not good news, she sais she has a boyfriend, life is like that sometimes

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.