milkshakelover
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've got an essay to write on 'How can the UK Government devise a way to help the UK economy strengthen after a 0.25% increase in economic growth in the last quarter of 2015?'
I've written the essay with the main method being using taxation, increase education, and increase in infrastructure but I need more points on how the use of Government grants could/couldn't aid economic growth.
Thank-you in advance
User1333171
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hxfsxh)
I've got an essay to write on 'How can the UK Government devise a way to help the UK economy strengthen after a 0.25% increase in economic growth in the last quarter of 2015?'
I've written the essay with the main method being using taxation, increase education, and increase in infrastructure but I need more points on how the use of Government grants could/couldn't aid economic growth.
Thank-you in advance
If they use grants to help businesses expand and therefore create more jobs and increase output that would help the economy to grow.
theconfusedman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hxfsxh)
Thank-you in advance
+ Grants can lower a firms cost of production, which is an incentive to increase output of the whole economy, which will increase the real output of the whole economy.
- No guarantee the grants will be used in the firm - may just go into the companies profits, shareholders, executives etc and won't benefit the economy - just a loss of government revenue

Im not sure about this, but i do believe grants are a form of government spending, which also increases aggregate demand.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (534)
66.42%
No (270)
33.58%

Watched Threads