Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Watching the football outside watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    We're (me and friends) off to the Millennium Square in Leeds this evening to watch the England match, although it's drizzling and a bit windy at the moment. Do you think there'll be a lot of people there? Basically the BBC have put up a huuuuge screen and have been playing sporting stuff all day on it, and it's free to go and watch. Do you think people will be kept indoors by the weather? I don't want to turn up and find there's nobody there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    We're (me and friends) off to the Millennium Square in Leeds this evening to watch the England match, although it's drizzling and a bit windy at the moment. Do you think there'll be a lot of people there? Basically the BBC have put up a huuuuge screen and have been playing sporting stuff all day on it, and it's free to go and watch. Do you think people will be kept indoors by the weather? I don't want to turn up and find there's nobody there.
    go for it!!! people arent going to be put off if its raining! hell we're english, we're used to the rain!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, it's a bit overcast but dry here in Brum.

My general impression though is that today's match seems to be a lot more lowkey - which is strange, seeing as the nation's fate depends on it (oh, the irony :rolleyes: ).

*Edit* it has just started drizzling as I type, lol - it looks like a pants day for it to be honest - I'm staying at home to watch it.

ReputationRep:
    go for it! if worse comes to worse then just go to the nearest pub, they'll be plenty people there

ReputationRep:
    Well, we're going
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/webcams...e_webcam.shtml
    That's what they've got up - it'll be fantastic as long as there are enough people about.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.