The Student Room Group

Watching the football outside

We're (me and friends) off to the Millennium Square in Leeds this evening to watch the England match, although it's drizzling and a bit windy at the moment. Do you think there'll be a lot of people there? Basically the BBC have put up a huuuuge screen and have been playing sporting stuff all day on it, and it's free to go and watch. Do you think people will be kept indoors by the weather? I don't want to turn up and find there's nobody there.
elpollodiablouk
We're (me and friends) off to the Millennium Square in Leeds this evening to watch the England match, although it's drizzling and a bit windy at the moment. Do you think there'll be a lot of people there? Basically the BBC have put up a huuuuge screen and have been playing sporting stuff all day on it, and it's free to go and watch. Do you think people will be kept indoors by the weather? I don't want to turn up and find there's nobody there.

go for it!!! people arent going to be put off if its raining! hell we're english, we're used to the rain!!!
Reply 2
I'm not sure, it's a bit overcast but dry here in Brum.

My general impression though is that today's match seems to be a lot more lowkey - which is strange, seeing as the nation's fate depends on it (oh, the irony :rolleyes: ).

*Edit* it has just started drizzling as I type, lol - it looks like a pants day for it to be honest - I'm staying at home to watch it.
Reply 3
go for it! if worse comes to worse then just go to the nearest pub, they'll be plenty people there
Reply 4
Well, we're going :smile:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/webcams/city_views/leeds_millennium_square_webcam.shtml
That's what they've got up - it'll be fantastic as long as there are enough people about.

Latest

Trending

Trending