Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanC55)
    It'll happen, you'll surprise yourself! Did you ever consider medicine or anything like that?
    Noo id never be able to do that you have to be really clever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SummerMB)
    Noo id never be able to do that you have to be really clever
    Yeah but your predicted grades are solid, why biology then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanC55)
    Yeah but your predicted grades are solid, why biology then
    Yeah but I know I'm not gunna get that and I just really like it and find it really interesting and probably my best subject as well also hopefully can get a decent job

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but I know I'm not gunna get that and I just really like it and find it really interesting and probably my best subject as well also hopefully can get a decent job
    Yeah, you'll definitely get a decent job at the end! Always best about subjects like that.

ReputationRep:
    Really?! But a lot of people say you don't get into Marris because the gap year students get first choice so it usually fills up with them first :/
    Not true. I was gap year and got my 4th choice.

ReputationRep:
    I'm at Marris this year if you've got any questions. You're more likely to get into Castle Leazes if you're from a private school, don't ask me why it's just the way for some reason!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moore_)
    I'm at Marris this year if you've got any questions. You're more likely to get into Castle Leazes if you're from a private school, don't ask me why it's just the way for some reason!
    Hey! I am deciding whether to put marris or Leazes (self catered washbasin) as my first choice, I know both are meant to be good socially, but seeing as richardson road is being demolished, do you think that marris may lose that social aspect? Just stuck on which one to put first!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom5pence)
    Hey! I am deciding whether to put marris or Leazes (self catered washbasin) as my first choice, I know both are meant to be good socially, but seeing as richardson road is being demolished, do you think that marris may lose that social aspect? Just stuck on which one to put first!
    Hi, I'm in the same positon as you, i'm unsure whether to put marris or Windsor t as my first choice. I want to be somewhere social so am leaning more towards marris but it might be different this year if rickys gone and with all the construction work across the road. Some people have said that the layout of Windsor t causes it to be less social than marris and i know leazes is really social but I can't really see myslelf living there.

I'm a gap year student and i know marris and windsor tend to have some gap years but I'm really not bothered about living specifically with other gap year students, id be happy living people straight from college just as long as theyre social

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graceyy__)
    Hi, I'm in the same positon as you, i'm unsure whether to put marris or Windsor t as my first choice. I want to be somewhere social so am leaning more towards marris but it might be different this year if rickys gone and with all the construction work across the road. Some people have said that the layout of Windsor t causes it to be less social than marris and i know leazes is really social but I can't really see myslelf living there.

I'm a gap year student and i know marris and windsor tend to have some gap years but I'm really not bothered about living specifically with other gap year students, id be happy living people straight from college just as long as theyre social
    In short windsor will be better because Ricky is what makes Marris, it depends what course your doing though. Also the construction work will be very annoying I can imagine. It makes me incredibly sad to think that Ricky is going to be knocked down, so many mad stories.

Marris is right next to the gym and the med and biology school and a 5 minute walk to the rest of campus. Windsor is right next to the library and 10 minutes to the furthest parts of campus. Marris and Windsor have identical layouts so one is no more social than the other it just totally depends on your flatmates. I live with 5 gap years and you can't tell they're still freshers after all!

Don't worry about getting an en suite, it's a waste of money! So many people who ended up in Ricky had en suites for all their choices and ended up loving Ricky even though you're sharing a bathroom between 6 of you. At the end of the day if you don't get the accommodation you want the accommodation service have a special facebook page where you can swap flats with someone.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.