Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can some one please explain to me unit 2 government and politics paper ? Do I have to revise all the content or is it like unit 1 where I can chose two topics and revise them ( for example: just revising representative and democracy and political parties) ?

The Unit 2 paper is structured differently to the Unit 1 paper. It would be risky to revise only 2 topics for the Unit 2 exam seeing as you don't know which question/side they might come up on - for example if you only revised the judiciary & prime minister, both of these topics might come up for Q1 and you won't have revised any of the topics that would then come up in Q2 (e.g. constitution and Parliament).
    If you want to cut down on the amount of topics you revise, only revise 3 of the Unit 2 topics, which I did, and I found that it was fine in the exam, seeing as even if two of the topics came up in the same question, the other question would be on a third topic you've revised as well, so it's all good. Hope this made sense and helps! Make sure you look over a past paper to see how it's all laid out
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.