RadonGhost
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm just curious, but which of Biological and Physical Nat science is most competitive to get into at Cambridge? Hopefully going to apply in Sep/Oct and am interested in Chemistry , Biology of Cells, as well as Earth Sciences, so I'm deciding which path to go, Physical or Biological.
Serine Soul
Badges: 18
Report 5 years ago
I'd say they're equally competitive but Biological generally has fewer applicants.

While your options seem more physical overall, it might be a better idea to have a look at the A Levels you take to see which route would suit you better, in terms of going through admissions.

Remember that once you're in, you can switch around NatSci however you like (provided you've got the correct A Levels )
RadonGhost
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Serine Soul)
I'd say they're equally competitive but Biological generally has fewer applicants.

While your options seem more physical overall, it might be a better idea to have a look at the A Levels you take to see which route would suit you better, in terms of going through admissions.

Remember that once you're in, you can switch around NatSci however you like (provided you've got the correct A Levels )
I'm doing Bio, Chem, Maths and Geog, so definitely favor Biological, which is why I'll most likely go for Biological then, because I assume without Physics and Further M I'm probably at a disadvantage in Physical

Thanks for the advice
samb1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RadonGhost)
I'm just curious, but which of Biological and Physical Nat science is most competitive to get into at Cambridge? Hopefully going to apply in Sep/Oct and am interested in Chemistry , Biology of Cells, as well as Earth Sciences, so I'm deciding which path to go, Physical or Biological.
There's not really a difference, physical tend to get more applicants but usually also have more spaces allocated to 'physical scientists', but just pick whatever you would interview best at, makes no difference after offers are made
Serine Soul
Badges: 18
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RadonGhost)
I'm doing Bio, Chem, Maths and Geog, so definitely favor Biological, which is why I'll most likely go for Biological then, because I assume without Physics and Further M I'm probably at a disadvantage in Physical

Thanks for the advice
Yes, definitely go for the biological route. I was advised to go for the biological route despite having a deeper interest in chemistry (at the time I asked for advice) because I didn't have Physics :yep:
enssow
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is anyone applying to or studying Natural Sciences at Cambridge with Biology, Maths and Further Maths as their A-Level options? Do I need Chemistry to be considered seriously? I would like to follow the biological path... does anyone have any suggestions?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (9)
47.37%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
10.53%
No I am happy with my choice (8)
42.11%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads