Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

car insurance watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Im 18, I only passed my test a few months ago so i have no NCB or anything. but i have a toyota yaris 2001 reg so the car is quite old. but i cant seem to find any insurance any that ive found seem to be way over 2 grand. Im willing to do my pass plus if that helps, and I dont mind having a black box fitted. however i feel that ive rang millions of companies and they either cant quote me or they're giving me ridiculous quotes up to 5k. im looking for one £1000 to £1500:/ I can add my mum and dad but theyre both over 50 but have over 20/30 years experience and theyve never claimed. any suggestions!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloelangridge)
    Im 18, I only passed my test a few months ago so i have no NCB or anything. but i have a toyota yaris 2001 reg so the car is quite old. but i cant seem to find any insurance any that ive found seem to be way over 2 grand. Im willing to do my pass plus if that helps, and I dont mind having a black box fitted. however i feel that ive rang millions of companies and they either cant quote me or they're giving me ridiculous quotes up to 5k. im looking for one £1000 to £1500:/ I can add my mum and dad but theyre both over 50 but have over 20/30 years experience and theyve never claimed. any suggestions!?
    Adding parents on the insurance policy will make it cheaper. As you have just passed and only 18, the insurance is going to be sky high and the worst part is there is nothing you can do about it. I don't think many companies make it any cheaper if you have completed the pass plus - they used to but not really any more (I don't think - I'm no expert).
    You just have to accept it. Where you live affects the premiums, if you live in a dodgy area, the price will be higher.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.