Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm a British Overseas Territory Citizen applying for student finance. I would like to know if I can scan and send some of the documents requested or will be requested to Student finance by email since I do not live in or near the UK? Also there are some aspects of the application that are not understandable or applicable to myself and my parents since we do not live in the UK. Help and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
    Lynelle
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Lynelle)
    Hi,

I'm a British Overseas Territory Citizen applying for student finance. I would like to know if I can scan and send some of the documents requested or will be requested to Student finance by email since I do not live in or near the UK? Also there are some aspects of the application that are not understandable or applicable to myself and my parents since we do not live in the UK. Help and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
    Lynelle
    Student support and fee status is based on residence rather than citizenship. If you aren't living in the UK or EU (or EEA/switzerland) then it may be that you aren't eligible.

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information...ort#layer-3942 has information on student support (loans for living costs). While http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information...-fee-status#RL has information on eligibility to pay "home" fees.

"The British Overseas Territories Act 2002 conferred British Citizenship on people who were British Overseas Territories Citizens (BOTC) immediately before its commencement (ie, up to, and including, the day before - which was 20 May 2002). Such people would, as British Citizens, and therefore EU nationals, be eligible for consideration for 'home' fees under certain fee regulation categories, provided they also meet any residence requirements for that category." is from the definitions section on those pages

ReputationRep:
    Thank you,

I would also like to know, by chance can a person scan and send documents to Student Finance by email, or does everything have to be mailed to the physical address.

Thanks again.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Lynelle

All documents must be sent to us by post.

Thanks

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.