Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As the title says, I wanna start decorating my room with original art pieces by unknown artists (because it'd be cheaper and it'd be nice to support someone who is still to become known). Anyone know where I can buy art like this, or is anyone an artist who have any decent pieces for sale?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Ekno)
    As the title says, I wanna start decorating my room with original art pieces by unknown artists (because it'd be cheaper and it'd be nice to support someone who is still to become known). Anyone know where I can buy art like this, or is anyone an artist who have any decent pieces for sale?
    https://www.artfinder.com/

Also, end of year shows at art colleges.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    https://www.artfinder.com/

Also, end of year shows at art colleges.
    damn, was hoping for some under £20 but that looks impossible haha
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Ekno)
    Cost of materials for starters. Canvas (or art quality paper) plus framing isn't cheap...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Etsy?

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried eBay or amazon? You never know they usually have anything selling. Usually in museums they have small paintings which they sell for quite less. It's when they do an opening of a certain painting I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekno)
    Have a look at these people. A lot of the stuff is trite and amateur but some is quite good.

www.original-art-under100.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekno)
    look in charity shops you may discover a gem there like this

ReputationRep:
    Cool, i'll look into it. Thanks guys

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.