Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can I gain 20 pounds in 5 months? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've been lanky for a while now. I started bodybuilding 7 months ago, and I gained 23 pounds (182 lbs to 205 lbs), and no it's not fat, at least it doesn't look like fat, I look slightly more muscular / bigger but still have a lanky look. I want to be 225 lbs by the summer, is this possible? I am dirty bulking (my diet mainly consists of pizza, cookies, whole milk, peanut butter sandwiches and serious mass) so that I can get my required 3400 calories a day to gain weight, and I go to the gym about 5 times a week. I'm 6'4
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You haven't gained 20lbs of muscle in 5 months, you'd be lucky to gain 15lbs in your first year if you had pretty awesome gains. You can certainly get to 225lbs, you probably won't be very lean.

What's your routine btw and lifts btw?

ReputationRep:
    You can certainly gain 20lbs in 5 months, although I can't really add more than Angy Cucumber said - it's not all going to be muscle, it's far harder to gain that amount in muscle.

Just as comparison, I spent 5 months in hospital on a weight gain diet of 2,700kcal daily and gained 13kg in that time, and my rate of weight gain was actually considered very slow there (although this was starting from a very underweight point, so of course is likely to vary).

Obvious point as well, but remember things like nuts and seeds in your diet, don't add much bulk but easy calories to add in.

ReputationRep:
    That's definitely possible. That comes out to about a pound per week. just get some regular protein.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.