Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crozzer24)
    You've subbed in the wrong value for X, it said from 1/2lnk
    I defibitely recall the x coordinate of q bring 0.25 lnk cause we had to prove that as well

ReputationRep:
    I've seen posts on this thread saying the answer to the first part of the last question was k-1 however literally every body at my college got k+1?

ReputationRep:
    from consensus seems like 4 dropped on a 7 dropped on b ill take 61

ReputationRep:
    Any guesses for grade boundaries?

My guess:

100 UMS = 69/72
    90 UMS = 63/72
    A = 57/72

ReputationRep:
    Nobody can remember the question so we'll never know if it was k-1 or not We need the question lol

ReputationRep:
    My guess of grade boundaries, as it was a very basic paper. No tricks, no out of the ordinary maths.

FULL UMS = 71
    90 UMS = 65
    80 UMS = 59

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WuMyster)
    How the hell did you do question 1? Integrating 1+cos1/2x or something.

Is 1+cosx an identity?
    They're two separate terms, so you integrate them separately. 1 becomes x, cos1/2x becomes 2sin1/2x. I think?

ReputationRep:
    the y coordinate was K+1 for the first part but then there was another question where it said to express something as Ak+B and the answer to that was K-1

ReputationRep:
    I've got none of these right... U for me😭😭😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    They're two separate terms, so you integrate them separately. 1 becomes x, cos1/2x becomes 2sin1/2x. I think?
    Oh ffs. I just don't think straight in exams. I didn't know what to do with the 1. So stupid. At least I'll pick up maybe a mark for integrating cos1/2x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    My guess of grade boundaries, as it was a very basic paper. No tricks, no out of the ordinary maths.

FULL UMS = 71
    90 UMS = 65
    80 UMS = 59
    I think they're a little bit high to be honest - the June 2014 and June 2013 had similar boundaries to those above and were way easier.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an unffocial mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody managed to put together an unofficial markscheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maligaha)
    I defibitely recall the x coordinate of q bring 0.25 lnk cause we had to prove that as well
    Yeah that is Q but the question asked for the area bounded by the curve, the X axis and X=1/2lnk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny_L)
    I got k-1
    Same

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Economist)
    It had to be in the form 2^n-1, 2^n+1. 11 and 13 cannot be expressed in that form
    I know they can't, otherwise the thing you are asked to prove would be wrong.

I am saying that in you solution, you can't just say "odd*odd is always divisible by three and therefore the expression is divisible by three" because odd*odd is NOT ALWAYS divisible by three.

You have to break it down to the three (actually only two) possible remainders.

ComputerMaths97 also posted a nice valid proof.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrk1357)
    If you have 2 consecutive odd numbers, it is still possible that none of them is divisible by 3, like in the case of 11 and 13.

See my previous post for how you can prove it.
    but 2 to the power of an integer cannot make 10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h.xlx)
    Has anybody managed to put together an unofficial markscheme?
    Yeah, I did, bottom of page 8: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3930177&page=8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amit dhunna)
    the y coordinate was K+1 for the first part but then there was another question where it said to express something as Ak+B and the answer to that was K-1
    I did that, but how do you know it's right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    Nobody can remember the question so we'll never know if it was k-1 or not We need the question lol
    Did you get k-1?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 9, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.