Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kira Yagami)
    I think I got 60-62 marks

and I have 17/18 in the CW... what ums should be roughly ( as a range please) /100

Thanks.
    You should be expecting around 87-88 UMS. Worst case scenario around 85, best case around 92.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    You should be expecting around 87-88 UMS. Worst case scenario around 85, best case around 92.
    Thank you.

I am expecting around 88 being realistic.

Do you have any tips for the C4 comprehension please? They seem quite odd, I hope it's not too bad.

ReputationRep:
    What ums should I be expecting if I got around 65 in the paper and 16 in coursework?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you.

I am expecting around 88 being realistic.

Do you have any tips for the C4 comprehension please? They seem quite odd, I hope it's not too bad.
    The hints are always in the comprehension. You'll never need external knowledge, so if you're stuck, re-read that part of the comprehension again.

And another thing I notice people don't do, the first time you read through it make sure you properly take it in. Read it slow and make sure you understand, even write some notes down on a scrap piece of paper if it helps (you can ask for spare paper). The main point is that all the info is in there, the comprehension is the easiest part if you just take your time.

ReputationRep:
    How is your total UMS for C3 calculated? I got 13 for coursework

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_1111)
    What ums should I be expecting if I got around 65 in the paper and 16 in coursework?
    81 marks tends to be a low A* or a high A. Expect around 90.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by js171)
    How is your total UMS for C3 calculated? I got 13 for coursework
    Add the score from your coursework to your raw mark from the exam, giving a score out of 90, then you get corresponding ums out of 100.

ReputationRep:
    I think I got inbetween 56-59 in the exam and I got 17/18 in the courswork, roughly what UMS would that give me? Thanksss

ReputationRep:
    How many marks were available for each part of q9?!

ReputationRep:
    How come everyone knows what their coursework mark is? No one in my school knows theirs as teachers said they aren't allowed to tell us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ddgv12)
    How many marks were available for each part of q9?!
    1, 5, 4, 3, 2,3 or something like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    The hints are always in the comprehension. You'll never need external knowledge, so if you're stuck, re-read that part of the comprehension again.

And another thing I notice people don't do, the first time you read through it make sure you properly take it in. Read it slow and make sure you understand, even write some notes down on a scrap piece of paper if it helps (you can ask for spare paper). The main point is that all the info is in there, the comprehension is the easiest part if you just take your time.
    Thanks a lot . So are you a teacher or something?

Also how do most people do in the c4 comprehensions? I feel really worried lol only thing stopping me from an A/A* ( as i think i need atleast 80 in c4 for an A )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BongoBuddha)
    coursework? -Am I on the right thread for OCR C3 maths A2
    This is OCR MEI

ReputationRep:
    I think the GB will defo be lower than last year, just think about it, It's obvious tbh...

I think an A will be 54 this year and A* around 62

The composite function was which was solving an equation = 2x was different (but fine)

The one about drawing the mod graphs ( was fine but different to most previous questions) ...

The differentiating in terms of y and subbing the y coordinate in to find the gradient was really different...

The proof one was really weird...

The one about the coordinates of the tangent and asymtote was REALLY different...

And the last one about all the k's really weirded people out.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot . So are you a teacher or something?

Also how do most people do in the c4 comprehensions? I feel really worried lol only thing stopping me from an A/A* ( as i think i need atleast 80 in c4 for an A )
    No problem, nope I'm just someone your age doing very well, my part time job is tutoring. Just always been good at knowing what people tend to get wrong xD I always try to be super helpful in lessons, no idea why tbh just how I am xD

The comprehensions allow for a low of marks lost. If you're going for an A* (then fall back is an A) then I'd suggest focusing on the exam. Anyone can get at least 10/18 in the comprehension without revising, but the exam is were the vast majority of the marks are. Too many people assume they'll get 18/18 in the comprehension - which hardly anybody does btw - and then add that to their past paper scores, meaning they always think they're doing better than they are. Focus on the exam, if you get around 65/72 in the exam, it would be very hard to not get an A And an A* would still be very possible. An A* tends to be around 80/90, and most people get about 12-15 in the comprehension. So aim for a solid 67/72 in the exam and you're A* would be very possible.

I just personally think the marks in the exam are much easier to pick up for most people - the comprehensions tend to be a little picky.

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries will probably be slightly lower than last year due to a few unusual (proof, q8 with the asymtote) and slightly harder (all the ks) questions than usual, but not much lower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olivia98hey)
    I think I got inbetween 56-59 in the exam and I got 17/18 in the courswork, roughly what UMS would that give me? Thanksss
    I'd say 85-88 UMS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunderwump)
    Grade boundaries will probably be slightly lower than last year due to a few unusual (proof, q8 with the asymtote) and slightly harder (all the ks) questions than usual, but not much lower.
    The lowest it's been is 51,54,55,56. It was 56 last year.

I think it should be 53/54 for an A , what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunderwump)
    Do you reckon about the same as last year or slightly higher?

Last year was 68/72 for full UMS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3emmawatson)
    even my teachers couldn't do parts of Q9
    Your teachers are *******s then

(Original post by i<3emmawatson)
    way beyond the C3 syllabus
    It was all in the syllabus

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.