Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_1111)
    For the question in the comprehension asking to show how they got 12, did anyone get 11.91?
    I got 11.88xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liverpool2044)
    did anyone get 87ish for height AC?
    I did made sense as you got 199.5m from misusing 20m of the overall height on the right, then got an angle of about 31ish? And then 140tan(31) = 87?

ReputationRep:
    I got 100 in C3 last year but the C4 paper didn't go great this year and i need an a* so 80 ums... I think i got 15/18 in the UMS and got in between 53-61/72 depending on method marks. Reckon i'd have done enough for the 80?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idk12345)
    I got 100 in C3 last year but the C4 paper didn't go great this year and i need an a* so 80 ums... I think i got 15/18 in the UMS and got in between 53-61/72 depending on method marks. Reckon i'd have done enough for the 80?
    If you get 53 or 54 maybe not, but dependant the paper wasn't that easy so grade boundaries will be just below average i think, but you definitely will I think if you got 57 or above

ReputationRep:
    Also may I just point out, if we compare that paper to the likes of June 11( or around there) I believe, where grade boundaries were 63/90 for an A, todays paper was considerably trickier. The only tricky question in last year's paper was the volume of revolution which many people thought they had to half. Not only was there that today, but question 5 was peculiar, 6 left most people fairly clueless and question 8 was considerably more tricky than previous differential equation questions. Think an A has to be in the low 60s and an A* around the 74 mark... thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revision King98)
    If you get 53 or 54 maybe not, but dependant the paper wasn't that easy so grade boundaries will be just below average i think, but you definitely will I think if you got 57 or above
    That implies 72/90 for an A... only two less than last year, you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jem321)
    I did made sense as you got 199.5m from misusing 20m of the overall height on the right, then got an angle of about 31ish? And then 140tan(31) = 87?
    correct

ReputationRep:
    That paper was so hard, some of the questions I couldn't even answer properly...bye bye A in Maths and University place

Comprehension paper was pretty good though.

ReputationRep:
    That implies 72/90 for an A... only two less than last year, you think?
    Last year was easy so probably about 68 for an A , I'm hoping no more that 76 for A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revision King98)
    Last year was easy so probably about 68 for an A , I'm hoping no more that 76 for A*
    Yeah last year was so much easier, there was literally nothing to trip you up. I think it'll be about 64/65 for an A, probably 72 for A* (its been lower than that)!

ReputationRep:
    (its been lower than that)!
    True, but that was a while ago now

http://prntscr.com/bkkwl2

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! For question 6(i think it was), how many marks do you reckon i'd get?
    I got dy/dx as -1/t^2 and then for some stupid reason i subbed in 2t into that and got that answer .....!!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_1111)
    For the question in the comprehension asking to show how they got 12, did anyone get 11.91?
    I got 11.94 :/
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by animefan)
    I got 11.94 :/
    Think I got 11.88

ReputationRep:
    My answers i all saved into the calculator for the comprahension:
    1. 104.5
    For the one about 12m i made 99.5m=6.7cm to find that 0.8cm = 11.88m which is approximately 12m
    2. 11.35
    3. 10.31
    4. 87.28125m
    5. 5.1
    The very last explain question i compared the percentage for 70mm and 80mm focal range something like 47% and said because the same number of people chose 70 and 80 the mid point of these two values is 75, they are most likely to think that 75 was most right. then compared the percentage of the two to the left of these values and said they would think 75mm focal range was too big as they prefered a smaller focal range and vice versa for the 3 values to the right of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevvvvvv)
    I gave two extra solutions for the trig solve question how many marks will i lose. I gave answers from 0-360
    Please can someone help, i did get 90 and 26. Something aswell

ReputationRep:
    As for the rest of the paper i was able to do the routine style questions which added to about 54 marks i found (7 marks for parametric equations, 3 and 4 for the triangles and 4 for the constant of integration question) checking the mark scheme here i forgot the 90 in the range, but everything else i got the same answers as you guys so about 53 marks :'( i felt like i did very well on the comprehension hopefully get 16/18 which totals 69 marks, do you think that will be enough for an A?? This year i resat core 1 and think i may have got 71/72 on that so about 98 UMS. I have 70 ums from S1 and 82 from C2. C3 and M1 i feel like i just got an A on like right on the boundary, so it all came down to this exam. If i got an A on this i would get 490 UMS overall based on my judgements but there is a little leeway room. Im worried as i need 1 A for my offer :/ wasn't expecting to get it from maths however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevvvvvv)
    Please can someone help, i did get 90 and 26. Something aswell
    Hmmm well the normally say ignore other answers so you might be okay, however you didn't read the question correctly so maybe loose one mark?? Don't worry i forgot 90 so will loose 2

ReputationRep:
    thanks Roz !!

is there similar for C3 ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magicalgeofray)
    which totals 69 marks, do you think that will be enough for an A??
    http://prntscr.com/bkkwl2

68.6 is average, but this was a harder than average paper. If I were you I'd be something like 85% sure that I'd get an A in C4

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2016
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.