Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MintyMilk)
    http://prntscr.com/bkkwl2

68.6 is average, but this was a harder than average paper. If I were you I'd be something like 85% sure that I'd get an A in C4
    Thank you, i was just really thrown by the more challenging questions but i think that will reflect in the grade boundaries so i wasn't too worried. 65 for an A??

ReputationRep:
    What was the decisive decision on the angle between the plane and the vector?? i got 56.04??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magicalgeofray)
    What was the decisive decision on the angle between the plane and the vector?? i got 56.04??
    you might be right or wrong, nobody knows for sure but alot of people have got that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFancy1997)
    you might be right or wrong, nobody knows for sure but alot of people have got that
    did anyone get forty something?!

ReputationRep:
    To get the angle between the plane and the line, you needed to do 90 minus your theta if theta was acute, or theta minus 90 otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunderwump)
    To get the angle between the plane and the line, you needed to do 90 minus your theta if theta was acute, or theta minus 90 otherwise.
    I wouldn't state that for fact. Many subtracted theta from 180.
    Could be correct. We don't know.

ReputationRep:
    Yes that's what I did and is the most logical imo, but theres alot of confusion so nobody is certain

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12284)
    did anyone get forty something?!
    Yes, basically I got what everyone got but took it off 90, so yes 43 something

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Finding the angle, which I will call x, by calculating the dot product and rearranging with the normal vector of the plane and the vector of the line produces the angle between the line and the normal to the plane. This means you have to make some adjustment to get the angle between the line and the plane.

Your calculation will have produced x as an acute or obtuse angle.

If x was obtuse, then you can see that the required angle + 90 = x, so required angle = x - 90.

Name:  obtuse angle.png
Views: 247
Size:  6.3 KB

If x was acute, you can see that x + required angle = 90, so required angle = 90 - x.

Name:  acute angle.png
Views: 244
Size:  7.1 KB

Doing 180 - x with an obtuse angle finds the acute angle between the line and the normal to the plane.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Finding the angle, which I will call x, by calculating the dot product and rearranging with the normal vector of the plane and the vector of the line produces the angle between the line and the normal to the plane. This means you have to make some adjustment to get the angle between the line and the plane.

If x was obtuse, then you can see that the required angle + 90 = x, so required angle = x - 90.

If x was acute, you can see that x + required angle = 90, so required angle = 90 - x.

Doing 180 - x with an obtuse angle finds the acute angle between the line and the normal to the plane.
    Absolutely correct.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys if anyone has any time could they post a solution to the question involving the constant of proportionality. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    How many ums is 68/90 ish

ReputationRep:

Explained everything I was thinking

ReputationRep:
    This debate about the angle of that question has gone on for too long for something worth 1/2 marks xD

Also, people still in agreement that it was a difficult paper (I didn't do any past papers so can't compare)??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    This debate about the angle of that question has gone on for too long for something worth 1/2 marks xD

Also, people still in agreement that it was a difficult paper (I didn't do any past papers so can't compare)??
    Yeah one of the 'tricky' papers, basically they never spoonfed you on how to answer questions, but alot of show thats etc, but I think question 6 was kinda unfair to the majority as it had no guidance at all. Section B was really easy whilst section A was more tricky so id say around average. But comprehension was really easy too so id assume slightly above average grade boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad i'm not the only one think it was harder paper i was wondering wtf was going on the questions. Even people that did further math thinks it was hard in my school and on one of the question they had to use some things from further math to understand it. I think it was the last question. I just want to know what was MEI drinking at the time of making this tragic paper cos i want some of that. :^) But. the comprehension section was easy. I'm so glad they used normal language, unlike one of the past paper that takes about the sun and earth position.

ReputationRep:
    Woah wait, you had to state the constant of proportionality???? great-.- lost one mark there oh welllll

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFancy1997)
    Yeah one of the 'tricky' papers, basically they never spoonfed you on how to answer questions, but alot of show thats etc, but I think question 6 was kinda unfair to the majority as it had no guidance at all. Section B was really easy whilst section A was more tricky so id say around average. But comprehension was really easy too so id assume slightly above average grade boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think I got 72/72 in c3, 16/18 on the coursework.
    But really flunked c4 today.
    Dropped about 16 marks on the first paper, then think I pulled it out the bag on the comprehension to salvage any scrap of hope for an A*
    I think I'm looking about 70-74 in c4.
    Any guess if that'll be high enough to average me out at an A* overally?
    Just praying for an A* to be low 70s around 73 so I might stand a chance :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny_L)
    Dropped about 16 marks on the first paper, then think I pulled it out the bag on the comprehension to salvage any scrap of hope for an A*
    I think you would just have got the A*, im assuming the grade boundries for c4 will be average. so 69/70. I think you'll either scrap and the A* or just miss it but its completely dependent on grade boundries now:/ im tending towards you getting the A* however bc dont think many people did well on c4 judging by the reaction the grade boundries will most likely be in your favour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny_L)
    In the exact same position as you haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.