Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, I have applied to SFE for a maintenance loan towards my midwifery degree, and as I am researching into this, it says 'reduced rate maintenance loan' everywhere, although I am really confused what this means?? Is it that I get less of a loan for doing a healthcare course?? The loan is only £2,324 so I am very confused as to whether this is the only maintainace loan I get?? (I am aware of the tuition fees paid for and bursary) from what I can understand a reduced rate maintenance loan is a bad thing, can someone please clear this up for me, I'm finding the applying to university process very confusing!!
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi hannah_frost

    This is correct. If you are on an NHS funded course we can offer a reduced rate maintenance loan as you also get funding through the NHS. It is a lower loan than students who only receive funding from ourselves.

Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.