Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A lot of people seem to think I'm an 'interesting' person. For example, my ex would always tell me that I was a special person and he'd never met someone he could talk to every day without getting bored (we talked every day long before anything romantic happened between us) while another guy said he could tell I had a 'natural brilliance'. The first one is understandable as he was my boyfriend, but the second guy was a virtual stranger! We'd been talking for less than a day! I've also had a male friend tell me that I'm interesting, while a female friend said I have something about me that draws people in.

I'm definitely not special in any way. I suffer from depression and anxiety and I'm not a particularly interesting person. I feel like I'm tricking these people into thinking I'm something that I'm not. People think i'm this mysterious and interesting person when really, I'm battling with my mind every day and I'm really suffering on the inside. I just want people to see me and like me for who I actually am, how do I make this happen!

ReputationRep:
    Honestly just be yourself, life is way too short to be someone that you are not

i suffer from anxiety/depression too but honestly maybe these people like you for who you really are and that's how you know that you truly have great friends when they accept you for who you are

Me and my friend used to talk everyday, but its not the same anymore coz I would do anything to get those moments back

I guess what I am trying to say is don't change who you are for somebody else because the right people who accept you for who you are will come into your life and just be happy

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.