Turn on thread page Beta

what if im in the wrong course? help needed so much watch

ReputationRep:
    i'm already in my 2nd year doing civil engineering and i have to admit, i really have no clue what i'm doing so far. the first year was okay because all we studied about are just basic subjects like maths, physics and so on. so now im in my 2nd year studying soil mechanics, fluid mechanics and i just can't help but feel im in the wrong course. i have no motivation anymore and going to class is such a dread nowadays. final exams is in 3 more weeks and i really need help on this one

ReputationRep:
    Hey violet21,

Well you got through the first year which is an achievement in itself. I dropped out of Electrical Engineer within my first semester, I hated it within my first 2 weeks. A huge majority of students go through a period of indifference with regards to our course. Is this what we want to do? Is that what we're really interested in? Motivation isn't usually a solid, consistent feeling through a degree either. It dips and peaks, I'm sure you know.

It's a good idea to remind yourself why you picked your course in the first place, and how hard you worked to achieve your place at university. Try and see the bigger picture. Maybe visit your tutor or a good friend and have a chat.

Basically, what you're feeling is quite normal and I wouldn't worry so much. Keep up the hard work and smash your final exams.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.