Announcements

ReputationRep:
    anyone go?!

it was great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    anyone go?!

it was great
    Wicked, I'm going to Hyde Park tomorrow to see them. Can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    anyone go?!

it was great
    *is so jealous* my bf went to manchester on friday. and for some reason he gave his spare ticket to a guy he works with and not me. eeeeek

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Having seen them last night, I have to say they were awesome! Much better than they were when I saw them at V last year (although I could actually see them at V, in Hyde Park yesterday, despite being as far forward as you can get with regular tickets, I couldn't see the screens let alone the stage. Damn tall people! :rolleyes: ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    anyone go?!

it was great
    I went to see them at Hyde Park last Sunday - it.was.AMAZING!! They just absolutely ROCK! When they sang under the bridge, just sitting on the edge of the stage... wow. The atmosphere was out of this world, even though it WAS pissing down with rain for hours before they came on stage.

Other people that went - did you have Chicks on Speed as a support act? were they totally shi*te at your gig as well as the one I was at? so rubbish infact that they walked off half way through it because they were getting booed and bottled so much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red665)
    Other people that went - did you have Chicks on Speed as a support act? were they totally shi*te at your gig as well as the one I was at? so rubbish infact that they walked off half way through it because they were getting booed and bottled so much?
    I went yesterday and we had Stellastar who were pretty awful - they weren't getting booed but they only got half hearted claps to begin with and by the end of the 45 mins they played hardly anyone could be bothered clapping. Then we got the one and only James Brown (as in 'I feel good <der nur nur nur nur nur nur> I knew that I would now...') which was quite good to begin with but then it got quite samey. It was quite different to having another crap rock wannabe band though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    I went yesterday and we had Stellastar who were pretty awful - they weren't getting booed but they only got half hearted claps to begin with and by the end of the 45 mins they played hardly anyone could be bothered clapping. Then we got the one and only James Brown (as in 'I feel good <der nur nur nur nur nur nur> I knew that I would now...') which was quite good to begin with but then it got quite samey. It was quite different to having another crap rock wannabe band though.
    Aaah, they must be alternating between Stellastar and Chicks on Speed then - someone else I know had Stellastar. By the sounds of it though, both are rubbish!

I *so* know what you mean about James Brown - my god did he drag oooooon!! And the introducer guy... "JAAAAaaaMMmes BROOOOOoooooooOOOOOwn!" Ok love, we got it the first 10 times you said it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red665)
    Aaah, they must be alternating between Stellastar and Chicks on Speed then - someone else I know had Stellastar. By the sounds of it though, both are rubbish!

I *so* know what you mean about James Brown - my god did he drag oooooon!! And the introducer guy... "JAAAAaaaMMmes BROOOOOoooooooOOOOOwn!" Ok love, we got it the first 10 times you said it!
    And not only that, but singing 'James Brown, James Brown, James Brown' to the backing track all the time...yes we know who he is! Do you think thats his real hair or a wig/toupe/hairpiece/hair implant?!

ReputationRep:
    And not only that, but singing 'James Brown, James Brown, James Brown' to the backing track all the time...yes we know who he is! Do you think thats his real hair or a wig/toupe/hairpiece/hair implant?!
    Yaha!! they did that tonight at the olympic concert thing - he even got Will Young doing it - "James Brown! James Brown!" I don't think they actually sang, did they?!

Omg, his hair was so not real! lol It's GOTTA be a syrup, surely!? I'm suprised that birds weren't swarming around his head, fighting for nesting space it was so big! Was he wearing seriously high trousers too? he made simon cowell look like he was wearing hipsters!

ReputationRep:
    I saw Chili's at Hyde Park last Saturday....I have to say, I was uberly dissapointed compared to when I saw them at V fest...just didn't get the same buzz, they didn't seem as into it...well for me personally...

chicks on speed...hehe, nice lyrics ladies...

art school drop out,
    designer clothes give me more, blue shirt gaultier
    fashion victim in the air,
    shaved off all my pubic hair.

I like stellastar though. Anyone going to any fests this year? <33 x

ReputationRep:
    I thought they were better than when I saw them at V...I went on Friday and the atmosphere and everything was superb. And I though Stellastar had nowt special about them at all, all they did was have the bloke sing and the woman bassist do the same ahhh-ahhh harmonies over every single song.

ReputationRep:
    lol, yeah i heard they were good on Friday. I dunno...I was feeling pretty ill on the day so maybe that was why. Not saying they weren't amazing or anything, they were and there were some total highlights...I just seemed to enjoy the V performance better What were the highlights for you? <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by explodingxstars)
    lol, yeah i heard they were good on Friday. I dunno...I was feeling pretty ill on the day so maybe that was why. Not saying they weren't amazing or anything, they were and there were some total highlights...I just seemed to enjoy the V performance better What were the highlights for you? <3
    Ohhh dunno! I couldn't see much of it (damn tall people) but Californication, although not one of my favourite songs, was one of the best they played cos it had everyone singing to it at the tops of their voices. And when just Chad came on for the beginning of the encore doing the drum beats and had the whole crowd doing the arms and singing for We Will Rock You (as he played the 'boom boom chush, boom boom chush')! I wish they'd played some older stuff though other than Under The Bridge and Give It Away - they did at V. Did you see Flea play the trumpet at V last year (I was at Chelmsford) - that was hilrious. And John Frusciante doing Donna Summer! Hehe.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh dunno! I couldn't see much of it (damn tall people) but Californication, although not one of my favourite songs, was one of the best they played cos it had everyone singing to it at the tops of their voices. And when just Chad came on for the beginning of the encore doing the drum beats and had the whole crowd doing the arms and singing for We Will Rock You (as he played the 'boom boom chush, boom boom chush')! I wish they'd played some older stuff though other than Under The Bridge and Give It Away - they did at V. Did you see Flea play the trumpet at V last year (I was at Chelmsford) - that was hilrious. And John Frusciante doing Donna Summer! Hehe.
    Yeah I was at Chelmsford too, going again this year. Flea played Misty on the trumpet, bless him. Talented man! Aww and I just love John Frusciante :] I feel loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by explodingxstars)
    Yeah I was at Chelmsford too, going again this year. Flea played Misty on the trumpet, bless him. Talented man! Aww and I just love John Frusciante :] I feel loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hehe
    He does have a scarily high pitched voice doesn't he?! He did two songs on his own on Friday - I didn't know them but one of them he did sing at V I think (but not the Donna Summer one!). I'm going to V again this year, for the whole weekend this time (only went for the Sunday last year), not as many big names this year but still loads of bands I want to see!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.