Turn on thread page Beta

AQA Psychology PSYA3 & PSYA4 - [Exam discussion] watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theasian_csl)
    I do agg, gender and cog dev too !!!!!! Have you got any A grade cog dev essays ??? I am really struggling with this topic... have been getting Cs and Ds
    I've finished writing all the cog essays. I'll send them to you when I'm done typing them up. Remind me if I forget to do it by next week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by violetvictorious)
    DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY TIPS FOR HOW TO AVTUALLY REMEMBER THE CONTENT - I mainly struggle to remember a01 - PLEASE I UNDERTAND EVERYTHING BUT I JUST GO BLACK WHEN DOING ESSAYS FROM MEMORY AND IN TIMED CONDITIONS
    I haven't done this personally but I'm planning on it. First, take out the prompt word from each paragraph of the essay. This should leave you with half a page worth of words. Then, read the whole essay through 2/3 times. Then use the prompts to write it out and see how you fare. If all good so far, then use pneumonics or abbreviations etc to memorise just the prompts. And that's it id say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bailey2j09)
    How many IDA points should i include in a 24 mark essay. Have heard many contradicting points. Went to an AQA conference where they said only 2/3 an essay but my teacher has told me include as many as possible
    Personally IDA is by BFF. I have a list which I plan to memorise before the big day. How I use it is I do all the topic specific ao2 first. This could be anywhere from 3/16 points to 10/16. I fill in the rest with IDA, starting with the most obvious ones first eg.ethics for ECT in depression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mohamedomar97)
    i need some help with reaseach methods thou
    Maybe just keep doing the PPQs? I mean honestly it's the worst part of the exam and we'll all be struggling together

ReputationRep:
    Y u do dis??????
    (Original post by stephanie129)
    It dawned on me today, 5 weeks today and we'll have already have taken our Unit 3 exam!
    I'm doing Relationships, Aggression, Gender, Schizophrenia and Media Psychology

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so what do you guys reckon the questions will be on for perception, aggression and gender.
    I know that last year the questions were, Discuss what research has shown about the development of perceptual abilities, Discuss research into institutional aggression and ‘Parents, peers, schools and media are important influences on gender and its development.’ Discuss research into social influences on gender.

Anyone have any hunches on what they think will come up, would love to know what you think?

ReputationRep:
    Cognitive development essay plans

Name:  image.png
Views: 192
Size:  220.0 KB Attachment 530305530307 Attachment 530305530307530300 Name:  image.png
Views: 156
Size:  200.2 KB Attachment 530311530313 Attachment 530311530313530300 [attach]5.303115303135303e+23[/attach] Name:  image.png
Views: 157
Size:  181.7 KB
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelneedsgrades)
    Hey, so what do you guys reckon the questions will be on for perception, aggression and gender.
    I know that last year the questions were, Discuss what research has shown about the development of perceptual abilities, Discuss research into institutional aggression and ‘Parents, peers, schools and media are important influences on gender and its development.’ Discuss research into social influences on gender.

Anyone have any hunches on what they think will come up, would love to know what you think?
    Aggression is meant to be Neural & Hormonal or Group Display according to Loopa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robee15)
    Aggression is meant to be Neural & Hormonal or Group Display according to Loopa
    I'd predict that too

ReputationRep:
    For my relationship question I wrote about both formation and maintence. For my IDA for formation I did cultural and gender bias from Lott and then for my IDA in maintence I did cultural and student bias by mogahddam. Is that alright because I used two different psychologists?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Gender...the question was about gender schema theory...do you think you could use gearhart's and money's study to evaluate it...show how the biological approach may be a better explanation of gender?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomsouth98)
    For my relationship question I wrote about both formation and maintence. For my IDA for formation I did cultural and gender bias from Lott and then for my IDA in maintence I did cultural and student bias by mogahddam. Is that alright because I used two different psychologists?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I did that too and then further said its reductionist and deterministic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yorkkou11)
    Yeah I did that too and then further said its reductionist and deterministic.
    It couldn't be reductionist because that only applies to biological factors

ReputationRep:
    How did people find the exam yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoliticsStu)
    How did people find the exam yesterday?
    I thought it was great - everyone coming out of the exam sounded like they thought it was hard but I was super happy with the fact that there wasn't a super long research methods question

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.