The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling accommodation

I just got accepted at Stirling for psychology. Now I have to narrow down my accommodation choices but I have no idea which building to go for.

I like AHS but it has the same price as Muirhead. I can't find any pictures of Muirhead so can someone describe what itss like and if it's better than AHS.

I also like Willow but it's more expensive. Whichever building I go for I'll ask for an ensuite bathroom.

So can someone please tell me which is better. And where I can find more information about Muirhead.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Deni17
I just got accepted at Stirling for psychology. Now I have to narrow down my accommodation choices but I have no idea which building to go for.

I like AHS but it has the same price as Muirhead. I can't find any pictures of Muirhead so can someone describe what itss like and if it's better than AHS.

I also like Willow but it's more expensive. Whichever building I go for I'll ask for an ensuite bathroom.

So can someone please tell me which is better. And where I can find more information about Muirhead.

The rooms in Muirhead are pretty much the same as the rooms in ASH. The big difference is that ASH is halls, so you'll share a kitchen/ dining area with 12-16 people, Muirhead is flats (mostly of 5).
In other words, it should be easier to meet more people in ASH vs. Muirhead (or any of the other flats buildings).

Personally I would go for ASH, because I'd rather live with more people, but it depends on your own preference.
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 2
Hello :smile: I was wondering if anyone could tell when exactly you can apply for accommodation if you have accepted conditional offer as your firm choice? Because when I log into the portal it says that I can apply for accommodation now so can I actually do it right away? Thank you!!
Reply 3
If you care for room quality, Willow is the nicest. Plus you've got the Refresh Dining Area and the Laundry attached on so it's super convenient. (Not that the others are particularly far :P)
Between the two cheaper options, I'd go for Ash :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending