Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

WHIPS AND CHAINS (chains and rings) OCR today anyone? watch

ReputationRep:
    how did you find it? I actually thought it wasnt too bad (touch wood).. although i looked at the last question and initially thought "sh*t i cant remember bonding in benzene" but i blagged myself a good few marks i think.. i had to come back to the first question..must have just been feeling stupid with exam nerves.. but managed to get about the zwitterions and NaOH.. oh does anyone know if syndiotactic is the same side or opposite sides (monomer orientation)..i know atactic is random arrangements..

ReputationRep:
    i thought this was alot easier than the unifying concepts one! i think isotactic is where they're all on the same side and syndiotactic is where they're on alternating sides.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giddychick)
    i thought this was alot easier than the unifying concepts one! i think isotactic is where they're all on the same side and syndiotactic is where they're on alternating sides.
    yeh, thats what i got. i thought paper was about average/good. could of been better but giving how much revision i did could of been alot worse. found the unifying concepts much easier tho.

ReputationRep:
    oh my god. one of those days where you write something and you cross it out. i wrote syn but then changed it to iso.

i thought the paper was tricky, and i was upset becaue it threw me. i relaly need to do well, and now i'm really disappointed. i'm really scared about my grade.

ReputationRep:
    i was pleasantly surprised by that paper - for some reason i had psyched myself up for a git of a paper but it wasnt really all that bad. i was v. chuffed with the benzene/cyclohexene question (last one) - did a practise paper with a similar long question on last night and learnt it just in case! and phew about the syndio/iso thing - was having a mental debate as to which to put - ended up putting syndio, thinking that my thought process to remember it would go something like this: "ok, syndiotactic starts with an S, which i would think would be 'same side' but this is chemistry, so its bound to not be what you think, so it must mean opposite sides...!"

ReputationRep:
    so am i! ive been tryin 2 work out how many marks i needed to get on that unifying concepts paper cos i think it went quite horribly wrong! im really hoping my coursework pulls that module up. Can't change it now though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giddychick)
    I take it you meant Chains, Rings, and Spectroscopy...
    You're right, but that wasn't what they asked.
    They asked random arrangement (atactic)
    and alternating sides (syndiotactic).

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.