Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, a lot of my friends from school went to uni and I chose not to (I don't regret it). However, it does mean that we only all see each other a few times a year (you wouldn't believe how hard it is to get 4 people in one place at the same time) due to money, travel, and busy schedules.
    Anyway we all met up last night for a meal to celebrate one of their 21st birthdays and I noticed that I no longer really connected with them all, I don't know whether it's because I didn't go to uni or what but I felt a bit more mature than them and we always talk about the same stuff (school days) because we never make any new memories to talk about. I almost feel like I've out grown them all a bit. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the evening but something just didn't feel right anymore. They're all in their third year now so we've been seeing each other on and off for three years and I think maybe it's just time to 'move on' so to speak. It's just strange because I thought they'd be friends for life. It was just a bit of an eye-opener/game changer.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Its probably got nothing to do with you going to university or not. I go to a uni different from some of my other friends and ive noticed that we have become more distanced. Im not mad though, because this stuff usually happens.

I do think that when youve been away from someone for so long, it really allows you to know for sure how important these people are to you. (imo) Sometimes we need a break from people so that we can really value their worth? idek

dont be upset about this all. its only normal

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2016
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.