Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, a lot of my friends from school went to uni and I chose not to (I don't regret it). However, it does mean that we only all see each other a few times a year (you wouldn't believe how hard it is to get 4 people in one place at the same time) due to money, travel, and busy schedules.
    Anyway we all met up last night for a meal to celebrate one of their 21st birthdays and I noticed that I no longer really connected with them all, I don't know whether it's because I didn't go to uni or what but I felt a bit more mature than them and we always talk about the same stuff (school days) because we never make any new memories to talk about. I almost feel like I've out grown them all a bit. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the evening but something just didn't feel right anymore. They're all in their third year now so we've been seeing each other on and off for three years and I think maybe it's just time to 'move on' so to speak. It's just strange because I thought they'd be friends for life. It was just a bit of an eye-opener/game changer.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Its probably got nothing to do with you going to university or not. I go to a uni different from some of my other friends and ive noticed that we have become more distanced. Im not mad though, because this stuff usually happens.

I do think that when youve been away from someone for so long, it really allows you to know for sure how important these people are to you. (imo) Sometimes we need a break from people so that we can really value their worth? idek

dont be upset about this all. its only normal

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.