The Student Room Group

How to deal with this racist Indian guy in my neighbourhood.

So there's this Indian guy who loiters around my neighbourhood in the cafes and I always see him standing outside the pub.

I'm a half indian christian and people are usually confused with my ethnic appearance but with a bald freshly shaved head, I look middle eastern. Anyway I was in the cafe with my mum when i was bald and my mum went to the toilet and this guy said "want me to shoot the terrorist." I didn't hear it, My mum told me after, I mean from your typical white chav it's predictable but from an indian person himself, it kinda hurts a bit.

As he walked out he did a fist sign at me which I thought was a sign of respect, I then did my typical dorky smile and thumbs up. My mum told me afterwards that it was a sign of disrespect and told me what he said. He's also from one of the mental homes.

I also see this guy walking down the road doing pistol gestures with his hand to guys of clear Sikh religion, Turbans and really long beards.

He stands outside the pub every morning talking to himself, I go by him when I get my cafe meal. My hairs grown fully back and he doesn't even notice me anymore.

But I just wanna go up and wreck him.
(edited 8 years ago)
if hes from a mental home you need to contact the mental home and they will reduce his un supervised time so he cant be out in public to do that
Original post by Death Grips
Indian huh?

Next time you see him ask him shouldnt he be selling alcohol to underage kids in an off-licence somewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you response to racism is a petty, poorly phrased insult, based off of racial stereotypes?
:congrats:
Original post by Zargabaath
So you response to racism is a petty, poorly phrased insult, based off of racial stereotypes?
:congrats:

Come on, we all know my suggestion is more fun than taking the moral high ground
Come on, we all know my suggestion is more fun than taking the moral high ground

Its not tho, not because it's offensive but because it's so badly worded. It just sounds really juvenile as opposed to witty
Original post by Longshot700
So there's this Indian guy who loiters around my neighbourhood in the cafes and I always see him standing outside the pub.

I'm a half indian christian and people are usually confused with my ethnic appearance but with a bald freshly shaved head, I look middle eastern. Anyway I was in the cafe with my mum when i was bald and my mum went to the toilet and this guy said "want me to shoot the terrorist." I didn't hear it, My mum told me after, I mean from your typical white chav it's predictable but from an indian person himself, it kinda hurts a bit.

As he walked out he did a fist sign at me which I thought was a sign of respect, I then did my typical dorky smile and thumbs up. My mum told me afterwards that it was a sign of disrespect and told me what he said. He's also from one of the mental homes.

I also see this guy walking down the road doing pistol gestures with his hand to guys of clear Sikh religion, Turbans and really long beards.

He stands outside the pub every morning talking to himself, I go by him when I get my cafe meal. My hairs grown fully back and he doesn't even notice me anymore.

But I just wanna go up and wreck him.

Why are you wasting 2 thoughts on someone from a mental institution?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Why are you wasting 2 thoughts on someone from a mental institution?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because he can't keep getting away with this.

Tbh, mum didn't say he was from a mental home but he hangs out with a lot of people from the mental home.
Because he can't keep getting away with this.

Tbh, mum didn't say he was from a mental home but he hangs out with a lot of people from the mental home.

Lol he's crazy. Ignore him.
Reply 8
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Lol he's crazy. Ignore him.

It's hard though, everytime I see him there I just wanna go up and challenge him about what he said.
It's hard though, everytime I see him there I just wanna go up and challenge him about what he said.

Why? I don't understand why you'd want to challenge someone out of their mind about something they said unless you are too...
Original post by Zargabaath
Its not tho, not because it's offensive but because it's so badly worded. It just sounds really juvenile as opposed to witty

How is it badly worded? The meaning and wording is perfectly clear

ITT TSR users act like they're Harvard Professors of English
How is it badly worded? The meaning and wording is perfectly clear

ITT TSR users act like they're Harvard Professors of English

Like an American professor of English is worth anything :rofl:

I'm not well spoken enough to be able to explain it, but while the meaning is clear it sounds like something an edgy kid in year 9 would say.
(edited 8 years ago)
Update: I confronted him. (Adrenaline's still flowing in me)

I came to him in a pub and asked where he was from, he's anglo indian like me.

He denied all my allegations even though I know I saw them, he said what I said was nonsense and spouted all this racist stuff that was given to him when he came over to england. He was called P*ki and stuff, saying he was born white or some sh*t like that.

He then said since I'm a deceiver because I'm anglo indian and that anglo indians are known deceivers.

In the end the argument was intense and the bartender said "can't you just leave it alone?" as I left I said "you're a disgrace to your own race", he said "you're a disgrace, you're a disgrace to your family" I flipped the bird at him and went through the door.
Reply 13
just ignore him, are you really going to let him get to you?
Original post by mkap
just ignore him, are you really going to let him get to you?

Read my update above your comment.
well if he isnt exactly a white man then he cant really say anything to you. say something to him like you will never be white or just leave it hes probably mentally damaged and a lost cause, unfortunately there is a lot of people in society like this. There was one in my area who had unsupervised time and used to sit on the park bench and smoke 6 cigarettes in one go, giving them out to teens aswell. the parents and residents nearby complained and her hours were reduced/never saw her again so do that.
Original post by neal95
well if he isnt exactly a white man then he cant really say anything to you. say something to him like you will never be white or just leave it hes probably mentally damaged and a lost cause, unfortunately there is a lot of people in society like this. There was one in my area who had unsupervised time and used to sit on the park bench and smoke 6 cigarettes in one go, giving them out to teens aswell. the parents and residents nearby complained and her hours were reduced/never saw her again so do that.

I already confronted him, check my update about 4 - 5 comments above this one.
Update: I confronted him. (Adrenaline's still flowing in me)

I came to him in a pub and asked where he was from, he's anglo indian like me.

He denied all my allegations even though I know I saw them, he said what I said was nonsense and spouted all this racist stuff that was given to him when he came over to england. He was called P*ki and stuff, saying he was born white or some sh*t like that.

He then said since I'm a deceiver because I'm anglo indian and that anglo indians are known deceivers.

In the end the argument was intense and the bartender said "can't you just leave it alone?" as I left I said "you're a disgrace to your own race", he said "you're a disgrace, you're a disgrace to your family" I flipped the bird at him and went through the door.

You're such a hot head lol
I'd like to observe his interactions for entertainment.

Quick Reply

Latest