Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have my interview next week for teaching and i couldn't be more nervous if i tried. I am fine with the individual interview and i have some buzz words/phrases to use but I'm worried for the written task and group discussion.

I will be required to write a short personal statement of approximately 300 words on a teaching related topic (given on the day). I want to be able to prepare something flexible i can amend to the topic instead of flapping when I'm in there. Any ideas?

The Group discussion is around an article- Effective Teachers: Pupil perspectives - and prompts the question:

Can you relate your experience as a pupil to this perspective of the effective teacher?

Which styles of learning did you experience as a pupil?

How important is the affective domain from your experience?

Thinking of a teacher you respect, what characteristics did they exhibit?

Can anyone help who has been to a similar interview or know of the article?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

I have been asked to attend an interview next week and I'm just wondering how yours went an do you have any feedback if possible? And also how you prepared for the 300 word personal statement and what it entails!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have an interview on Monday just wondering how your written task topic went? If you have any advice? Would be greatly appreciated!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.