Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Here is the new 'recipe book'.

It can be altered to split it in to more subsections as and when it's needed (a fish section is already almost needed I think!).

We can add the 'contents' to this thread (or a new thread if we want).
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Roger Kirk)
    Here is the new 'recipe book'.

It can be altered to split it in to more subsections as and when it's needed (a fish section is already almost needed I think!).

We can add the 'contents' to this thread (or a new thread if we want).
    Great stuff

Was hoping it would be sorted a little better :p: I'll get on with thread when i've got a little more time, this evening most likely.

But cheers for that
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by <CJ>)
    Great stuff

Was hoping it would be sorted a little better :p: I'll get on with thread when i've got a little more time, this evening most likely.

But cheers for that
    It'll be easy to sort in to sections - though probably not too many for now would be good - split it up further as more recipes are added.

Are you able to access the wiki now?

ReputationRep:
    so where do we post our recipes - on this thread or where?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Are you able to access the wiki now?
    No, still having the same issues.

ReputationRep:
    Was roger kirk unsure if yoda's recipe was a main course or dessert?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Yoda)
    Was roger kirk unsure if yoda's recipe was a main course or dessert?
    Roger Kirk mayve have been unsure whether the recipe book would have been enhanced by containing a recipe which no one would ever want to make and so chose not to include it.

Though Roger Kirk says that while Yoda would be able to add it to the book himself, that there is no guarantee Yoda's recipe would not disppear without trace shortly after being added.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Still waiting on a mod response in AAM... Just need it to be stickified really, and a new 1st post.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Excellent that all the content in this old thread has been found!

We can try to add it to the wiki too

Shame the links in the first thread are old and link to the wrong posts Guess we can try and sort that out soon though...

ReputationRep:
    New recipe book is really cool!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    so do we just add our recipes here and then someone else will put them into the book or how do we add to the book
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by joz12345)
    so do we just add our recipes here and then someone else will put them into the book or how do we add to the book
    I have no idea what's going on now ... :dontknow:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I think it's great that that old thread was found out by someone and merged in to this one to keep all the recipes together.

What needs to be done now is try and tranfer all the recipes in here on to the wiki.

I'd suiggest that if someone has a new recipe then try and add it to the wiki yourself - starting a new page for the recipe and adding a link in to the recipe book page (in the correct place).

If you are unsure about that, then post it in here like before and hopefully someone else will be able to add it.

Finally, once most of this thread is transfered we can try to get a link sorted out in the first post in this thread to the wikibook (probably get a new first post if we speak nicely to the mods so someone active now can edit it). It a link to the wiki book is not enough, we can try and create the contents page to the wiki boo here (headings such a 'chicken dishes' 'italian food' 'desserts' or what ever the headings in the book become).

How does that sound?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Do you think it's worth asking for it to be stickified at this moment?

Jusy wondering as I don't think i'm the right person to judge TBH.

Oh, and if I didn't say it before, thanks for sorting the recipe book section out in the Wiki RK... looks ace :top:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by <CJ>)
    Do you think it's worth asking for it to be stickified at this moment?

Jusy wondering as I don't think i'm the right person to judge TBH.

Oh, and if I didn't say it before, thanks for sorting the recipe book section out in the Wiki RK... looks ace :top:
    Actually, I've been thinking again - after the work was completed on transfering the travel guide across to the wiki a new thread was started and stuck. I suggest we do the same here - so the quicker we get the content completely moved across to the wiki from here, the sooner we can start a new thread and ask for it stickifying and have the book 'ready'.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Bennyboy65 for originally coming up with the idea? :rolleyes: I guess I'll just languish without taking any credit whatsoever for suggesting the recipe wiki and indeed putting up recipes months ago.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Crimson Black)
    Thank you Bennyboy65 for originally coming up with the idea? :rolleyes: I guess I'll just languish without taking any credit whatsoever for suggesting the recipe wiki and indeed putting up recipes months ago.
    That bit of the wiki was written before anything of what was done before was discovered...

If you think it's wrong, change it

ReputationRep:
    That bit of the wiki was written before anything of what was done before was discovered...

If you think it's wrong, change it
    Nah, it's fine. I'm not out to get credit here, I'm just happy that the TSR Recipe Book's flourishing. Might add some more of my own at some point.

ReputationRep:
    ive got loads of good recipes, where do i post?

ReputationRep:
    Joan's Onion Soup. I made this the other week, lasts for like 3 nights!

6 onions
    100g butter
    2 tsp flour
    4 tsp beef stock
    6 cups of hot water (5 or 6, depending)
    2 tsp sugar
    pepper and worcester sauce to taste

Melt butter, add onions and cook until soft, add sugar. Continue stirring until lightly browned, add flour. Then add water, beef stock, k rest of ingredients (gradually!!).

Good with melted cheese on french bread (I normally live in Canberra where the average temperate in winter is btw -3 and 12 degrees celcius, but unlike the weather report it generally likes to stay subzero in evenings).

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.