You will need:
    • Two tins of tuna
    • A dollop of salad cream
    • 1.5 tbl spoons lemon juice
    • Tomatoes
    • Four cups of pasta
    • Cheese
    • Optional salad on the side

Drain the tuna and empty the tins into a bowl. pour lemon juice into bowl and mix tuna in. Mix in the salad cream into the lemony tuna and chop the tomatoes and mix in.

Boil the pasta until it's ready then mix into the bowl with the tuna. Grate cheese on top and put in the oven for around 20 minutes at gas mark 4/180C/350F (or until the cheese on top is crispy).

Serve with optional salad on the side.

ReputationRep:
    Creme Fraiche and bacon pasta

Great recipe for using up the last bits of bacon in the fridge. Cheep too!

Ingredients
    2 cups Fresh or dried Pasta
    3 rashers Bacon (any cut will do)
    2 table spoons Creme Fraiche
    2 cloves Garlic
    Salt
    Pepper
    Parmesan cheese

Method

Put pasta on to boil and while waiting to cook fry the bacon. Once the bacon is cooked, add the creme fraiche to the frying pan with the bacon and add well chopped garlic. Mix and back on to the hob. Once pasta is cooked, drain. Add bacon and sauce to pan with pasta. Add salt and pepper to the pan and mix. Serve in to pasta bowls and add the parmesan on top and serve.

ReputationRep:
    Mega Omelette

An awesome meal if you've missed breakfast, or if you're just damn hungry

Ingredients
    3+ eggs
    Bacon
    Ham (or substitutes, etc)
    Cheese (lots of it)
    Mushrooms
    2 slices bread
    anything else you want to throw in.

Stick some tea on as well, if you want.

Method
    Beat the eggs with some salt and pepper
    Grate a load of cheese
    If you're using bacon, cut a few rashers up into cubes, and fry them until they are just cooked.
    Spread the bacon around the frying pan, turn the heat down a little, and add your eggs (and anything else you put into it)
    Put the bread in the toaster
    As there's a load of stuff in there, wait about 30 seconds for it to cook a little before moving it around (and generally making it as a normal omelette)
    It's going to be majorly hard to flip like that, so cut a line down the middle with a spatula, and then flip both halves.
    Let it cook a bit more, then flip it around again, and throw on all the cheese you grated
    Turn the hob off, but leave the frying pan on there for another 30 seconds.

Make your tea, and eat your mega omelette hot.

Awesome

ReputationRep:
    Apple and Cinnamon Pancakes

Pancake day is getting closer yet this recipe can be used for all occasions.

Ingredients:

200g/7oz self-raising flour
    10ml/2tsp baking powder
    5ml/1tsp ground cinnamon
    25g/1oz Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Caster Sugar
    2 large eggs
    225ml/8fl oz milk
    50g/2oz butter, melted
    3 firm apples, eg Cox’s, peeled, quartered and cored
    Oil for greasing
    Lyle’s Golden Syrup

Instructions:

1. Sieve the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Stir in the caster sugar.

2. Make a well in the centre and add the eggs and a little of the milk.

3. Stir with a wooden spoon to mix, gradually drawing in the dry ingredients from the sides of the bowl and adding the rest of the milk.

4. When the mixture is smooth and has the consistency of thick cream, stir in the melted butter. Cut the apple quarters into thin slices.

5. Heat a heavy-based frying pan or griddle and brush a little oil over the base. When hot, put three or four piles of apple slices in the pan - about 4 slices in each and well spaced apart - and spoon a little of the batter over them.

6. Cook over a medium heat for about 3 minutes until the pancakes are golden brown underneath and bubbles appear on the surface.

7. Turn the pancakes over with a palette knife and lightly brown the other side. Remove from the pan with the knife and place in a folded clean tea towel so they stay warm and soft.

8. Cook the remaining pancakes in the same way using the rest of the batter and apple slices. Serve warm with Golden Syrup poured over.

Note:
    Like all pancakes these are best eaten really fresh as they won’t reheat well, becoming dry and stodgy.

Jess from Tate & Lyle

ReputationRep:
    Easy Pizza

1. Put 1.5 cups of warm (90F) water in a mixing bowl. Add 2+ oz of active yeast culture.
    2. Ten minutes later, add 2 cups of flour, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, a pinch of salt and a dash of sugar. Mix well.
    3. Dump flour on clean surface; remove bowl contents, and roll into ball on flour. Cover finger with olive oil and use it to coat another bowl, then put ball in it, cover with towel, and let sit for 1-2 hours.
    4. Remove dough ball, punch it, then place back on flour covered surface. Cut in half and roll each half into approx 12" pizza round.
    5. Heat oven to 475. Mix olive oil, butter and red pepper in saucepan, and heat until melted. Use this to coat pizza dough and place on cookie sheet.
    6. Smear tomato paste (6oz) on pizza, then cover with mozzarella cheese, then add toppings.
    7. Cook for 15 minutes, then cut and eat.

ReputationRep:
    Here's a recipe which I found on the Internet, for one of my favourite desserts. I notice that there is no recipe yet for this dessert. Here's the recipe.

The recipe can be found here. It's for Sticky Toffee Pudding and was made by Jamie Oliver.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: This recipe serves approximately 8 people.

Ingredients

For The Pudding:
    • 225g fresh dates, stoned
    • 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
    • 85g unsalted softened butter
    • 170g caster sugar
    • 2 large free-range eggs
    • 170g self-raising flour
    • ¼ teaspoon ground mixed spice
    • ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
    • 2 tablespoons Ovaltine
    • 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt

For The Toffee Sauce:
    • 115g unsalted butter
    • 115g light muscovado sugar
    • 140ml double cream

Instructions

For The Pudding:

1. Preheat your oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
    2. Put the dates in a bowl with the bicarbonate of soda and cover with 200ml/7fl oz of boiling water.
    3. Leave to stand for a couple of minutes to soften, then drain.
    4. Whiz the dates in a food processor until you have a purée.
    5. Meanwhile, cream your butter and sugar until pale using a wooden spoon, and add the eggs, flour, mixed spice, cinnamon and Ovaltine.
    6. Mix together well, then fold in the yoghurt and your puréed dates.
    7. Pour into a buttered, ovenproof dish and bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes.

For The Toffee Sauce:

1. While the pudding is cooking, make the toffee sauce by putting the butter, sugar and cream in a pan over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved and the sauce has thickened and darkened in colour.

To Serve:
    To serve, spoon out the pudding at the table and pour over the toffee sauce.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you liked the recipe. Please add it on to the Contents page and the Wiki, as I think it would be useful.

ReputationRep:
    BAKED SALMON , SALAD, AND NEW POTATOES

you will need :

A portion of salmon
    lemon, butter, garlic, salt and cracked black pepper
    salad leaves
    new potatoes
    chives
    oil

Take the portion of salmon, and rub on the butter, salt, pepper, squeeze of lemon and put 2 cloves of garlic along side it, and wrap it in foil. Put it in the oven for about half an hour on a low heat, perhaps 120 degrees. Boil the new potatoes, and then put in a pan with a drizzle of oil, chives, butter. Arrange on plate with however much salad you want, and I highly recommend sweet chilli sauce to dip the salmon in

ReputationRep:
    This is a recipe for an amazing triple chocolate cheesecake. What's great about this recipe is that it doesn't require any gelatine or any oven baking.

Triple Chocolate Cheescake

10 Big Portions. Total Cost: £6.53, that's just 66p a portion! :yep:

Ingredients
    15 Oreo Biscuits (A multibox or multipack will be just about the right number)
    13 Digestive Biscuits
    100g Unsalted Butter
    600g Soft Cheese (Philadelphia type stuff)
    500g Plain Fromage Frais
    300g White Chocolate
    300g Milk Chocolate
    3 Cadbury's Flakes

Method

1) Whilst you gently melt the butter over a low heat, pop the Oreos and digestives into a strong plastic food bag, wrap the bag up in a tea towel and bash the crap out of the biscuits with a rolling pin until you get small crumbs.
    2) Mix the crumbs into the butter so that the two are well combined.
    3) Place the mixture into the a 20cm pop-up cake tin. Spread the mixture evenly and compress with the knuckles of your hands to get a firm, well compacted base.
    4) Place the tin in the fridge whilst you start on the fillings.
    5) Break up the white chocolate into small piercings and place in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water. Whilst the chocolate is melting whisk together the fromage frais and soft cheese until smooth.
    6) When the chocolate has melted remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
    7) Spoon half of the fromage/cheese mixture into the melted chocolate and whisk until smooth and well combined.
    8) Spoon the mixture onto the base of your cheesecake, spreading out evenly and smoothing with the back of a metal spoon.
    9) Returnthe cake tin to the fridge for two hours whilst the mixture sets. Cover the remaining hald of the fromage/cheese mixture and place in the fridge.
    10) Break up the milk chocolate into small piercings and place in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water. Whilst the chocolate is melting give the fromage/cheese mixture another good whisk.
    11) When the chocolate has melted remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
    12) Spoon the remaing half of the fromage/cheese mixture into the melted chocolate and whisk until smooth and well combined.
    13) Spoon the mixture onto the white chocolate layer of your cheesecake, spreading out evenly and smoothing with the back of a metal spoon.
    14) Crumble the flakes over the top of the cheesecake to create a gorgeous crumbly chocolate topping.
    15) Return the cake tin to the fridge for two hours whilst the mixture sets. After two hours the cheesecake is ready to be popped out of the tin and served.

I hope someone tries out this recipe, let me know if you like it! :yep:
    Attached Images

Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Tesco shopping list _ mySupermarket.pdf (51.9 KB, 397 views)

ReputationRep:
    Cajun Prawns!

You will need:
    • A frying pan
    • A wooden spoon
    • Butter
    • Cajun seasoning, you can make it yourself with the following ingredients, or buy it all ready mixed together it a jar
      Spoiler:
      Show
      1 tablespoon sweet paprika
      2 1/2 teaspoons salt
      1 teaspoon onion powder
      1 teaspoon garlic powder
      1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
      3/4 teaspoon white pepper
      3/4 teaspoon balck pepper
      1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
      1/2 teaspoon oregano
    • Prawns - it doesn't really matter what sort, as long as they're fat and in the shells - 5 or 6 big ones per person is a good amount for a starter!
    • Some wholemeal bread to mop up the sauce :coma:

What you do:
    • Chop the head of the prawns, de-vein and leave them in a bowl of cold water for 10-15 minutes.
    • Melt a really generous chunk of butter in the pan.
    • When it's all bubbly, add two tablespoons of cajun spice mix and stir.
    • Add the prawns, stir it all around until the prawns turn from grey to pink and are thoroughly coated in the buttery spice mix.

That's pretty much it! :coma: I usually eat them like that, with some brown bread. You could eat them with rice, or some sort of salad too.

ReputationRep:
    Quick budget chili con carne

250g beef (serves 2)
    1x 200g can chopped tomatoes in juice
    3-4 dollops of tomato paste (depending on how tomatoey you like it)
    1 onion (I usually use less, I don't like them)
    1 beef stock cube
    1x packet Chili spice mix (about 60p, makes quite a few portions, about 4)
    1x 200g can of kidney beans

Start browning the onion in some oil, let it sweat for a few minutes, then add the mince.
    Start browning the mince, meanwhile start breaking it up with a wooden spoon as you want the pieces to get as small as possible. When the meat is brown, add the can of tomatoes, the tomato paste, and about 250-300 ml of stock (beef stock made from dissolving the cube in boiling water). Also add the chili spice mix (for 250g of beef, you'll probably only need half). Stir vigorously and let it simmer on small heat for about 20 mins. When it is nearly ready and as thick as you want it to be, add the beans, heat for 5 more mins and serve on top of rice, tortillas or potato wedges...you can add a dollop of sour cream but personally I don't like it. If you want the sauce to be thinner/runnier, just add more water when simmering. If you want it thicker, just let it simmer for longer, it will become thick.

This can also be made with vegetarian mince (e.g. quorn) or just different types of beans (cheaper.)

ReputationRep:
    This is one of my favourite recipes, you can make it with anything you like really but I prefer it with chicken or bacon (sometimes even both if I fancy it). It's very filling and a comfort food.

Creamy Chicken or Bacon pesto pasta:

1-2 cups of pasta depending on how much you like, or how many you will be cooking for
    2 tablespoons of Philadelphia Basil cream cheese (I choose the light version to reduce the calories)
    2-3 tablespoons of red or green pesto, depending on preference (I buy my pesto from Morrisons, it tastes nicer the asda's brand)
    1 onion chopped and fried
    1 box of mushrooms chopped and fried (use however many you want)
    2 cloves of garlic or a tsp of morrisons garlic paste
    1 handful of frozen peas
    200ml of chicken bouillon stock cube (you can use OXO cubes but bouillon is so much nicer)

1. Boil the water for pasta, add a good few twists of salt to season the water and start cooking the pasta on a low-med heat.
    2. Chop your onion and mushrooms, add to pan and cook until soft.
    3. Transfer onion and mushrooms to a plate, spray with a little low cal spray and fry garlic cloves or garlic paste. Once the pan is seasoned add chicken/bacon and fry until cooked through.
    4. Add a handful of frozen peas, cook and return the onion and mushrooms to the pan.
    5. Now boil some water and dissolve 1 bouillon chicken stock cube in 200-300ml of water, depending on how much sauce you like add to the pan and mix with the meat/vegetable juices.
    6. Add 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese, mix until it melts and makes the sauce a nice consistency.
    7. Finally add the 2 tablespoons of pesto and perhaps a little more garlic paste, stir through and you are done.

Now just serve your pasta and spoon the sauce on top, yum yum One of my notes is you can use oil/butter for this but the meat and vegetables drain a LOT of liquid. To save calories and a personal preference I use Fry Light.

ReputationRep:
    Marinated Tuna Bean Salad

really nice, cheap, sounds expensive and perfect for summer picnics

can of tuna
    2 cans of beans (any type like kidney, harricot, cannelini but my fave are butter beans)
    great big slosh of red wine vinegar
    lemon juice
    handful of thyme
    salt n pepper
    and salad bits like cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes, peas, radishes, celery etc

Heat the beans in a saucepan for about 3-4 minutes so they are soft but not mushy
    drain beans and add a can of drained tuna
    whist still warm add the red wine vinegar and lemon juice, herbs and salt and peper to taste to make a marinade. Leave for a while to get more flavour.
    chop up salady bits put lettuce on a plate. Spoon the beans and tuna onto the salady bits and serve with some bread.

lemon & herb chicken breasts with wholemeal noodles and vegetables
    :coma:
    For the sauce to go on the chicken breasts I squeeze an entire lemon into a cup and add a mixed herbs, it should sort of have the consistency of mayonaise. You can also add a lemon and herb nandos spice (avaliable at tesco). This will coat 6 medium-large chicken breasts. Coat the chicken breasts in this sauce and also sprinkle some salt on. Put them in an oven at around 200 c and check on em after 30 mins and then every 5 or so mins thereafter.

I use the straight to wok noodles as they're the only wholemeal ones i could find so I just chuck them in the wok with precooked vegetables(I use the frozen ones you microwave and then put them in there) Obviously if you use dry noodles/fresh veggies then boil em first. The whole wok process should takie a maximum of 4-5 minutes and I use fry light to stop sticking. After about 2-3 minutes add the cooked chicken to the mix. Wala. Lemon and herb chicken vegetable noodles yumminess :lovedup2: Enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I found a really great recipe for double chocolate cookies and I thought I'd share it with you all They're called chocolate truffle cookies, and they have a fudgy, brownie-like texture, and they're one of very few cookies, I find, taste just as good cold as they do warm.

The oven needs to be at 175 degrees celcius

So here it is:
    1 oz unsweetened (dark) chocolate
    1 cup semisweet (still dark, but not such a high cocoa percentage) chocolate
    6 tablespoons (=3 oz) butter (preferably unsalted)

All of these need to be melted in a bowl over a pan of boiling water

3 eggs
    1 cup white sugar
    1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

These should be beaten until pale

Add these to the chocolate mixture, but only once it has cooled, otherwise the eggs will start to scramble. Not good.

1/2 cup all purpose flour
    2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt (although I never usually bother with it)
    1 cup white chocolate chips

These ingredients are mixed in gradually, sift-able ingredients should be sifted (sp?)

You'll end up with more of a batter than a dough, but don't worry, this is perfect. You need to put it in the fridge till cold, so a few hours if not over night. It shouldn't be rock solid when you go to use it, but it should be firm.

Drop rounded teaspoons of the batter onto a baking tray (I tend to line them with tin foil, shiny side down) making sure they're spaced out well enough (leave about 2 inches between each)

Bake for 9-11 minutes. I found that 9 minutes was perfect; it is important not to over bake these cookies.

TRUST ME! This is a great recipe! I hope it works for you all

x

ReputationRep:
    mmmmm i wish i had a cook to make that for me, knowing my luck they'll be soggy and crap

ReputationRep:
    Hey do you mind sharing which website or book you got this recipe from?

ReputationRep:
    mmm I will try this:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProfessorS)
    Hey do you mind sharing which website or book you got this recipe from?
    I think it's one from allrecipes. Search chocolate truffle cookies, and it's one of those.

It has a really high rating on there, but loads of people have said it's too chocolatey- I really don't find that. It does taste chocolatey, but it's not a dark chocolate taste, so it isn't 'harsh' if that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for sharing I might give it a try tomorrow since im a bit free

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.