Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic idea, though, do you think they could be put on the Wiki? It just takes a while to scroll through them all, and on the Wiki you could have them grouped together/more easily accessible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickiM)
    Fantastic idea, though, do you think they could be put on the Wiki? It just takes a while to scroll through them all, and on the Wiki you could have them grouped together/more easily accessible?
    I'll take a look-see on the wiki, and see if my wiki'ing skills are up to the task. At the moment there aren't all that many recipes (I think people are put off with actually having to type up their recipes, which obviously takes a while), but I shall start a wikipage, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crimson Black)
    I'll take a look-see on the wiki, and see if my wiki'ing skills are up to the task. At the moment there aren't all that many recipes (I think people are put off with actually having to type up their recipes, which obviously takes a while), but I shall start a wikipage, yes.
    If you want any help I'm always around and mostly bored

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Assos! I've created the page ("Student Recipes"), but I'd be very grateful if you could add a 'contents' bit at the top of the page somewhere (at the moment with "Main Courses" and "Desserts"). My wiki'ing doesn't stretch that far (although I shall be attempting it).

PS: If anyone's going to edit the wikipage, keep it tidy please! Put your recipe in the correct section (or create a new one if you feel it's necessary) and embolden the title of your recipe!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Assos! I've created the page ("Student Recipes"), but I'd be very grateful if you could add a 'contents' bit at the top of the page somewhere (at the moment with "Main Courses" and "Desserts"). My wiki'ing doesn't stretch that far (although I shall be attempting it).

PS: If anyone's going to edit the wikipage, keep it tidy please! Put your recipe in the correct section (or create a new one if you feel it's necessary) and embolden the title of your recipe!
    looks like you've already done it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Assos)
    looks like you've already done it
    Yes, I'm quick that way. Although I've reformatted everything so it looks quite professional now.

I just wish a few more people would post their recipes. I'll put them on the wikipage, you don't have to do it yourself if you don't feel you can.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'm quick that way. Although I've reformatted everything so it looks quite professional now.

I just wish a few more people would post their recipes. I'll put them on the wikipage, you don't have to do it yourself if you don't feel you can.
    hehe, I've probably got a couple more kicking around I could post up and put on the wiki *goes to look for his food tech wallet*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Assos)
    hehe, I've probably got a couple more kicking around I could post up and put on the wiki *goes to look for his food tech wallet*
    That'd be great!

ReputationRep:
    That'd be great!
    hehe I've got loads, some of which I've not even made myself so I'm just going to post the good ones for now, but I might scan some in at college at some point

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know how to change this on the wiki but Cloutie Dumpling is a fruit-cake-esque dessert, not a main

ReputationRep:
    Thanks CB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninstro)
    I didn't know how to change this on the wiki but Cloutie Dumpling is a fruit-cake-esque dessert, not a main
    Sorted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Assos)
    Sorted
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Woops! I read "dumplings" and immediately thought "main meal"... sorry! (I just don't know the different uses of dumplings I guess. :p:)

ReputationRep:
    Woops! I read "dumplings" and immediately thought "main meal"... sorry! (I just don't know the different uses of dumplings I guess. :p:)
    Lol no worries When I made Burns' Night dinner in Jan we had ****-a-leekie soup, followed by haggis, neeps+tatties, followed by cloutie dumpling. I explained the meal 100 times to my friends who were coming so they knew what was going on.

...Then my friend Amy asked where the dumpling was when I served the haggis... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Lol no worries When I made Burns' Night dinner in Jan we had ****-a-leekie soup, followed by haggis, neeps+tatties, followed by cloutie dumpling. I explained the meal 100 times to my friends who were coming so they knew what was going on.

...Then my friend Amy asked where the dumpling was when I served the haggis... :rolleyes:
    lol, My aunt's got a recipe for a microwave dumpling thing that she often uses because it's a lot quicker than a proper cloutie dumpling, I'll see if I can nick it off her at some point oh and her fruit loaf *drools* :p:

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Microwave?! Never!

I like cooking it old school. People go "Omgosh, I couldn't do that!" etc even tho it's quite simple...

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Microwave?! Never!

I like cooking it old school. People go "Omgosh, I couldn't do that!" etc even tho it's quite simple...
    yup, microwave!!! I tend to stick to the fruit loaf, which is yummy :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Assos)
    yup, microwave!!! I tend to stick to the fruit loaf, which is yummy :p:
    Mmm... I generally love fruit cake things...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=302873

There are some recipes here- mine included

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.