Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    You clearly don't because you're still pining over her like a puppy. You were not friends. She liked the male attention and you kept giving it to her because in the back of your mind (whether you like to admit it or not) you always thought there was a chance. That isn't a friendship, that's called false hope. It sucks it ended this way but how else could it have ended? You were hardly going to say goodbye at the end of uni and never text her again, were you? The only way this could end is like this, on her terms.
    I guess that is true but I still saw her as my friend. I knew there was no chance.
    Well we could have said our goodbyes but still kept in contact you know? We would both start working so it's not like we would have time to message each other every day. But here and there.
    It really sucks. I really miss her. I feel a whole lot of emotions right now. I was stressed all day about uni today and in the end she didn't even turn up.

Now on wednesday I might possibly see her. I hate this mess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by believeteam22)
    I had a meeting with a counsellor just now. For about 25 minutes. It was hardly helpful at all.
    She said I am going through a loss, a bereavement if some sort.
    try your gp next time,also i dont think 25mins is long enough for you,what did they suggest you do?

ReputationRep:
    I guess that is true but I still saw her as my friend. I knew there was no chance.
    Well we could have said our goodbyes but still kept in contact you know? We would both start working so it's not like we would have time to message each other every day. But here and there.
    It really sucks. I really miss her. I feel a whole lot of emotions right now. I was stressed all day about uni today and in the end she didn't even turn up.

some people are seasonal...accept that she's just a stranger to you now and move on...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    try your gp next time,also i dont think 25mins is long enough for you,what did they suggest you do?
    Well that's all I had time for. They said if you want, you could book more sessions. But it's not helping. It's just talking to a stranger. I don't see how this is supposed to help.

(Original post by scrawlx101)
    some people are seasonal...accept that she's just a stranger to you now and move on...
    It's hard to accept it right, I'm still grieving. But over time I will get over it. I will get through this I'm sure. It's just the pain, memories, regret, the fact she will never talk to me again, that she blocked me from everywhere and all that stuff, well, it just hurts a lot.

ReputationRep:

You're literally living a cycle of anxiety about when you're next going to see her. Before it was anxiety about today and seeing her in class, then she didn't turn up and now it's anxiety about Wednesday. It isn't healthy, you've got to try and snap out of it. You keep saying "I know", "yeah I'll see the GP", but your actions aren't following that up. Put some music on, headphones in and try NOT thinking about her for just half an hour and see how it feels. Also, the more you talk about this the more wrapped up in the emotions you're going to be. You literally need to take a time out from your own feelings at this point. STOP talking about it, STOP thinking about her (make active efforts not to at least) and try get some uni work done. Yes you're sad, grieving etc, whatever, but that doesn't give you license to wallow in your own self pity.

Pick yourself up off the damn floor and finish your degree. That's the only priority here, cause you ain't a priority for her, let me assure you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    You're literally living a cycle of anxiety about when you're next going to see her. Before it was anxiety about today and seeing her in class, then she didn't turn up and now it's anxiety about Wednesday. It isn't healthy, you've got to try and snap out of it. You keep saying "I know", "yeah I'll see the GP", but your actions aren't following that up. Put some music on, headphones in and try NOT thinking about her for just half an hour and see how it feels. Also, the more you talk about this the more wrapped up in the emotions you're going to be. You literally need to take a time out from your own feelings at this point. STOP talking about it, STOP thinking about her (make active efforts not to at least) and try get some uni work done. Yes you're sad, grieving etc, whatever, but that doesn't give you license to wallow in your own self pity.

Pick yourself up off the damn floor and finish your degree. That's the only priority here, cause you ain't a priority for her, let me assure you.
    Very true. Even the counsellor said that it seems you are very anxious about seeing her in the class etc.

Music on. Trying hard not to think of her. In the next few days I am going to completely stop talking about her, because you're right, constantly talking about it won't help me now. Yes very very sad and extremely upset and all.

I know. I worked so hard to get where I am today. I can't throw it all away. But I am not acting like this way on purpose, I mean I am experiencing a serious heartbreak and it's really affected me in a bad way, more than anyone seems to understand.

She doesn't care about me. Not even a little bit. That hurts too.

ReputationRep:
    I actually want to see this girl. What is all this hype about? 2 years spent pinning of this one girl meanwhile there are billions of other women in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Very true. Even the counsellor said that it seems you are very anxious about seeing her in the class etc.

Music on. Trying hard not to think of her. In the next few days I am going to completely stop talking about her, because you're right, constantly talking about it won't help me now. Yes very very sad and extremely upset and all.

I know. I worked so hard to get where I am today. I can't throw it all away. But I am not acting like this way on purpose, I mean I am experiencing a serious heartbreak and it's really affected me in a bad way, more than anyone seems to understand.

She doesn't care about me. Not even a little bit. That hurts too.
    You need to stop using TSR as a coping mechanism each time you go through one of these episodes. This compilation of threads has now turned into what's effectively a personal blog centred around this one girl's life. If anything, you're compounding the problem cos now there's so much source material online, you've become a part of your own soap opera. How can you be serious about getting over her when she's the only thing you ever want to discuss? It's counterintuitive.

EDIT: Instead, why not post on some other people's threads or talk about meaningful stuff like future goals, ambitions, even simple things like what TV shows you're into atm? Honestly I find it hard to believe this is the only topic you ever have anything to say about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phunky_fresh)
    I actually want to see this girl. What is all this hype about? 2 years spent pinning of this one girl meanwhile there are billions of other women in the world.
    I really to post a pic, but I can't. I don't want to take any risks.

(Original post by frozen_fire)
    You need to stop using TSR as a coping mechanism each time you go through one of these episodes. This compilation of threads has now turned into what's effectively a personal blog centred around this one girl's life. If anything, you're compounding the problem cos now there's so much source material online, you've become a part of your own soap opera. How can you be serious about getting over her when she's the only thing you ever want to discuss? It's counterintuitive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know. In a few days I will stop writing about this. I just need a little time to digest and sort of accept that this really is the end. It still feels like it just happened yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    I really to post a pic, but I can't. I don't want to take any risks.

I know. In a few days I will stop writing about this. I just need a little time to digest and sort of accept that this really is the end. It still feels like it just happened yesterday.
    Read my edit on the previous post.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well this is funny. I emailed her the other day and I said don't tell people that your friend is doing your dissertation website for you, because I heard a few people mention this. And even though we are not friends, I don't want you to have any problems.

She accuses me and says that I am blackmailing her. What an idiot. I'm saying for her benefit.

She could get into serious trouble if they find out it's not her work that someone else did it for her. And I said don't worry I won't tell anyone, all I said was just don't tell people about this.

And I explained this to her and said I'm looking out for you only. And then she replied ok thanks.

Then I wrote why didn't you come to uni today, at you ok? And no reply. Lol.

Anyway didn't expect a reply.

What you guys think of this? That guy friend of hers doing her dissertation?

ReputationRep:
    Read my edit on the previous post.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I will do that soon, commenting on other peoples threads etc. Have a look at my latest post.

ReputationRep:
    Well this is funny. I emailed her the other day and I said don't tell people that your friend is doing your dissertation website for you, because I heard a few people mention this. And even though we are not friends, I don't want you to have any problems.

She accuses me and says that I am blackmailing her. What an idiot. I'm saying for her benefit.

She could get into serious trouble if they find out it's not her work that someone else did it for her. And I said don't worry I won't tell anyone, all I said was just don't tell people about this.

And I explained this to her and said I'm looking out for you only. And then she replied ok thanks.

Leave her alone. Stop contacting her. As for the dissertation thing, just tell someone at the University.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster

It has nothing to do with you. And it's clear she doesn't care one bit about you.

ReputationRep:

This has little to do with your genuine concern for her cheating. It's just another desperate attempt for you to open up a line of communication with her by acting all 'white knight'. You are simply exploiting the situation to your own advantage and hoping you can squirm your way back into the 'friendship'.

ReputationRep:
    This has little to do with your genuine concern for her cheating. It's just another desperate attempt for you to open up a line of communication with her by acting all 'white knight'. You are simply exploiting the situation to your own advantage and hoping you can squirm your way back into the 'friendship'.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. He's attempting to use this to open up communication again, hence why he started asking if she was okay etc. He's pathetic and clearly isn't serious about getting over her.

It actually really pisses me off because, despite everything, I took a lot of time to try and give him good advice, and he's ignoring it because he's so obsessed with this girl.

ReputationRep:
    you have to find another girl or at least have a one night stand
    I used to be head over heels for one girl, but looking back, the issue was the fact that she was the only "good" girl I knew so I only had her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaswift)
    Took the words right out of my mouth. He's attempting to use this to open up communication again, hence why he started asking if she was okay etc. He's pathetic and clearly isn't serious about getting over her.

It actually really pisses me off because, despite everything, I took a lot of time to try and give him good advice, and he's ignoring it because he's so obsessed with this girl.
    It's another underhanded move and I sincerely hope she doesn't buy into it. I am sick of this self-proclaimed nice guy act from believeteam. Despite making it blindingly obvious she wants no contact, he still has the nerve to pry into her life. Then he turns the situation around and calls her an 'idiot' when she doesn't give him any validation in return.

Honestly the only way this ends is if she permanently cuts him off at the knees once uni's finished cos he certainly isn't going to be the one to do that himself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    Leave her alone. Stop contacting her. As for the dissertation thing, just tell someone at the University.
    No I don't want her to get into trouble :/
    I wouldn't be able to give with myself if I did that to her.

(Original post by Tiger Rag)
    It has nothing to do with you. And it's clear she doesn't care one bit about you.
    I know and that hurts

ReputationRep:
    I can't deny this. I was hoping she might see this and say wow the guy still cares about me or something and maybe changes her mind?
    But nonetheless I don't want her to get into trouble.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.