Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Perhaps it would be better to focus your energy on helping the OP rather than insulting other members.
    This thread should be locked just like the last one was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    They didn't date. He was her 'friend' (I use that term loosely as while he might have been real in his actions to be a friend, she certainly wasn't).
    sooooo they werent official and she stopped being friends with him because she found out that he had feelings for her - i assume?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by bbb93)
    No its the mental illness that caused them to fail their exams. The rape did cause the mental illness but it was the mental illness that had the affect.

Are you saying excuses can be made for ****ing up your life now?
    You and I clearly view excuses differently, so this will be an agree to disagree argument (although the rape would also have an effect, just saying).

I echo my fellow ST member's comments: give your own advice to the OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbb93)
    lol feel good about yourself correcting grammar on a serious thread? feel smart do you? feel like a genius?

You're pathetic love.
    Whose the hypocrite now?

as SeanFM said if you're that concerned about the OP you should be giving him advice rather than insulting everyone in the thread that disagrees with you. And while you're at it, read into his post history so you actually know what you're talking about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Perhaps it would be better to focus your energy on helping the OP rather than insulting other members.
    Sorry . Her ignorance got the better of me. I refuse to waste anymore time on miss x(I will not even give her the satifaction of calling her name)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by malaikaxx)
    sooooo they werent official and she stopped being friends with him because she found out that he had feelings for her - i assume?
    She has had a boyfriend for the past 4 years. She has known that he liked her, but they still stayed 'friends'. This is the latest fallout between them.

It's complicated and upsetting, and I would really like believeteam22 to start accepting that this is the end of a chapter in his life. I do hope he gets the help he needs, but he needs to talk a proactive stance.

ReputationRep:
    They were never even close to being in a relationship, and they were never really "friends". She has multiple times tried to cut off contact with him because he has essentially stalked, harassed and obsessed over her for 2 years.

Now she is no angel herself she has been a pretty awful person. But the OP refuses to change his behaviour or stick to any advice and get help for his mental health.

ReputationRep:
    You and I clearly view excuses differently, so this will be an agree to disagree argument (although the rape would also have an effect, just saying).

I echo my fellow ST member's comments: give your own advice to the OP.
    The rape would only have an affect because of the mental illness that was created from it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbb93)
    The rape would only have an affect because of the mental illness that was created from it.
    Now that is just nonsense.

Not every rape results in mental illness, but that's not to say the rape doesn't affect them.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by bbb93)
    Rape affects you whether or not you become mentally ill afterwards. It's a traumatic experience even to read about, let alone suffer it.

Give your advice to the OP. You clearly have an opinion on what he should do, so please, tell him.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    This thread should be locked just like the last one was?
    I don't moderate this section if you think it breaks TSR guidelines then report it

ReputationRep:
    She has had a boyfriend for the past 4 years. She has known that he liked her, but they still stayed 'friends'. This is the latest fallout between them.

It's complicated and upsetting, and I would really like believeteam22 to start accepting that this is the end of a chapter in his life. I do hope he gets the help he needs, but he needs to talk a proactive stance.
    he will get over her, it will take maybe a month or a year at most as long as he has quit alll sorts of contact with her, time will heal his wounds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Whose the hypocrite now?

as SeanFM said if you're that concerned about the OP you should be giving him advice rather than insulting everyone in the thread that disagrees with you. And while you're at it, read into his post history so you actually know what you're talking about.
    Still you miss x.

I was insulting people that were bulling op. I am not going to sit back and watch a mentall ill person be bullied by ignorant people like you. You should be ashamed of yourself and you are not here to help the op at all- you are here to put him down to make yourself feel better. You're are a schoolyard bully and you have a lot of gowing up to do child.

Now I refuse to waste anymore precious time on you. Please be gone monster. Bye.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    he will get over her, it will take maybe a month or a year at most as long as he has quit alll sorts of contact with her, time will heal his wounds
    The main issue: he always goes running back. He can't stay away. She's addictive to him. It's horrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbb93)
    Still you miss x.

I was insulting people that were bulling op. I am not going to sit back and watch a mentall ill person be bullied by ignorant people like you. You should be ashamed of yourself and you are not here to help the op at all- you are here to put him down to make yourself feel better. You're are a schoolyard bully and you have a lot of gowing up to do child.

Now I refuse to waste anymore precious time on you. Please be gone monster. Bye.
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Now that is just nonsense.

Not every rape results in mental illness, but that's not to say the rape doesn't affect them.
    If the rape affects them that bad then they are mentally ill. It is the mental illnes that is causing them pain.Just like you get shot it is the bullet that is causing you pain- even though it is the fault of the person that shot you.

ReputationRep:
    They were never even close to being in a relationship, and they were never really "friends". She has multiple times tried to cut off contact with him because he has essentially stalked, harassed and obsessed over her for 2 years.

Now she is no angel herself she has been a pretty awful person. But the OP refuses to change his behaviour or stick to any advice and get help for his mental health.
    you ALL need to stop giving him any attention then, im glad she has cut contact with him as harsh as it may sound, BUT the less he sees of her through technology and in person the quicker his pain/situation will heal, just give it time people ...i really do hope he listens to peoples advice tho

ReputationRep:
    The main issue: he always goes running back. He can't stay away. She's addictive to him. It's horrible.
    Its sad. It really is.

ReputationRep:
    No.
    Do you like be a bully? Do you get sick fixes of others mental pain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbb93)
    If the rape affects them that bad then they are mentally ill. It is the mental illnes that is causing them pain.Just like you get shot it is the bullet that is causing you pain- even though it is the fault of the person that shot you.
    I don't think you understand what mental illness is. Being affected heavily by an outside influence does not automatically = mental illness.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.