Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

best fat burning supplements? Watch

ReputationRep:
    hey all, im cutting fat, mainly to reduce my waist size by ~5 inches. anyway, along with my cardio and weights regime, and my diet, im looking to buy some supplements for losing fat faster.

so what are the best supplements out there? my budget is under £40. stimulants are no issue with me.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I really wouldn't do supplements, I lost 1 1/2 stones without them, I wasn't losing as much when I was taking them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelefi)
    hey all, im cutting fat, mainly to reduce my waist size by ~5 inches. anyway, along with my cardio and weights regime, and my diet, im looking to buy some supplements for losing fat faster.

so what are the best supplements out there? my budget is under £40. stimulants are no issue with me.

Thanks
    the best supplement is TIME, learn to exercise slowly and build it up

ReputationRep:
    It's called exercise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Debbie_KB)
    I really wouldn't do supplements, I lost 1 1/2 stones without them, I wasn't losing as much when I was taking them.
    I've lost a stone without supplements, but I had the impression that using them would help me out a bit more?

ReputationRep:
    I've lost a stone without supplements, but I had the impression that using them would help me out a bit more?
    Depends what you're currently doing? As in diet etc. Personally, I gained with them, and I'm a runner so that was definitely annoying!!!

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you're currently doing? As in diet etc. Personally, I gained with them, and I'm a runner so that was definitely annoying!!!

Low-carb diet, and intense free weights 3 days of the week, cardio 3 days (running mainly), and 1 rest day. on all days i also do the usual pushups crunches etc.

ReputationRep:
    Low-carb diet, and intense free weights 3 days of the week, cardio 3 days (running mainly), and 1 rest day. on all days i also do the usual pushups crunches etc.
    Sounds pretty good, I went 100% raw vegan :doh:

ReputationRep:
    that must've been quite hard

Im refraining from going vegetarian or vegan because for I want to get enough protein to maintain my muscles.

ReputationRep:
    that must've been quite hard

Im refraining from going vegetarian or vegan because for I want to get enough protein to maintain my muscles.
    Ah, the protein myth

Tbh, I still maintain my protein levels to maintain the muscle I have (not looking to be heavily bulked) haha

Food for thought: some of the strongest animals in the world are vegetarians

ReputationRep:
    Squats + deadlift.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, the protein myth

Tbh, I still maintain my protein levels to maintain the muscle I have (not looking to be heavily bulked) haha

Food for thought: some of the strongest animals in the world are vegetarians
    oh no I completely know that vegetarian does not mean no protein its just that I prefer to eat meat, I dont think id have the willpower to give that up and still maintain a clean diet.

ReputationRep:
    Anything you can take that's actually worth taking is illegal :lol:
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Was literally going to post this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Can you give me some tips on how you achieved this? What kind of things did you eat to keep you full all day. I too am trying to lose weight but finding I am constantly hungry all the time and now i have put back on the little bit of weight I did lose at the beginning of the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Either that or they make you crap out grease, which just makes you avoid fatty food anyway. Could have done that without a pill.

Any pills OP can get their hands on will be a complete waste of money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simonthegreat)
    Can you give me some tips on how you achieved this? What kind of things did you eat to keep you full all day. I too am trying to lose weight but finding I am constantly hungry all the time and now i have put back on the little bit of weight I did lose at the beginning of the year.
    Yeah, no problems! I transitioned slowly, leaving eggs the last thing to part from haha

I usually have juices during the day and jacket potato or two for dinner with salad and hummus.... if hungry I have nuts or seeds... Nuts definitely help put weight back on.

ReputationRep:
    Experiment with no-carb dieting, look into a keto diet - very hard to adjust to and at times is just down right horrible, however the weight loss/de-bloating is well worth it. After a few weeks no-carb start reintroducing low GI carbs back into your diet, preferably at night as that is when the metabolism is best geared up to process carbohydrates (Don't believe the "Morning is the best time" crap, your insulin sensitivity is much greater upon waking than before going to bed).

All legal fat burners/stimulants are pure crap; but i wouldn't recommend the illegal ones as they are generally manufactured in underground labs in India/China which are not tested for consumption and can seriously harm you or even kill you. However if foolishly decide to take an illegal substance, go to your GP and tell them what you intend to do so they can advise you best on what to do if you take a bad turn (Harm reduction).

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    I wouldn't advise taking any supplements, just eat more healthy and do more exercise! There are supplements that apparently help you lose weight faster but these are usually mild laxatives and therefore not that good for you.

Good luck with regime though, Take it easy though and don't push yourself too hard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarz)
    I wouldn't advise taking any supplements, just eat more healthy and do more exercise! There are supplements that apparently help you lose weight faster but these are usually mild laxatives and therefore not that good for you.

Good luck with regime though, Take it easy though and don't push yourself too hard!
    Thanks instead of buying supplements I increased my work to 6 days, and 1 day rest. alternating between cardio and weights on work days.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.