Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'd really like to volunteer abroad this summer and have applied to government funded companies such as ICS and the British Council. However, ICS is nearly fully booked for placements this summer and the same might be true for British Council. Therefore I'm looking to apply to other organizations but am struggling to choose which ones.

I like that ICS and British Council encourage you to fundraise for said charities but all I seem to find on websites such as gapyear.com, volunteerabroad.com etc is an immediate downpayment and not much of an application process.

Can anyone suggest some good, ethical, non-profit charities that offer summer volunteering opportunities? I've searched long and hard but can't seem to find anything!

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    What types of programs do you want to do or where would you like to go?

One World 365 has lots of volunteer programs abroad include free / low cost opportunities but it really depends on destinations.

ReputationRep:
    Balloon Ventures!

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on what area you want to volunteer in, there are loads of different companies it can just be a challenge to find them!

I personally did a Mental Health Placement abroad in Sri Lanka with SLV. It's mainly for people who are interested in psychology but it gives you the opportunity to teach English, work with people with special needs and volunteer in a psychiatric hospital. They're not a charity but they're definitely an ethical company who are concerned about their impact and responsibilities in the country

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.