Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

White House: ISIS extermination of Christians can’t be called genocide yet Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feel Tha Bern)
    A couple of millions people were killed in Iraq after the invasion, so naturally these highly intelligent, definitely not inbred intellectuals blame America, ignoring the smallprint that most of them were killed because at the first sign of disorder the Sunnis thought, 'No leader, I can kill Shias' and the Shias thought, 'No leader, I can kill Sunnis'
    Exactly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    He is 100% correct. Under IS rule as long as they pay Jizya and don't take up arms they can live in peace and go about their lives as normal. Not genocide by any means
    You're an annoying troll. Go away please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Sorry but your English isn't the best so it's hard to comprehend quite what you were saying. Yazidis are regarded as ostensively Christian by ISIS fighters and, regardless, if you look at the definition of genocide it need not apply on the basis of Christianity, or religion, even. The actions of ISIS with regard to the Yazidi community represents a concerted effort to eliminate them, in (large) part = genocide
    I will put this to you simply, Yazidis are pagans so indeed will be killed by ISIS. However Christians which the OP specifically referred to would not so there is clearly not a genocide against them whatever your opinions on religious tax.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    You're an annoying troll. Go away please.
    Please find me some proof that christians are all automatically killed by ISIS? The simple fact is genocide requires there to be systematic extermination of an entire group purely for their ethnicity or religious beliefs which is not happening to Christians although it does to shiites and yazidis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    **** Isis **** Jizya. at least Mr Trump will not pussy foot around these perverts.
    No, instead he wishes to commit war crimes of his own...

ReputationRep:
    how is it genocide if it's about religion

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but your English isn't the best so it's hard to comprehend quite what you were saying. Yazidis are regarded as ostensively Christian by ISIS fighters and, regardless, if you look at the definition of genocide it need not apply on the basis of Christianity, or religion, even. The actions of ISIS with regard to the Yazidi community represents a concerted effort to eliminate them, in (large) part = genocide
    "Yazidis are regarded as ostensively Christian by ISIS fighters"

Firstly it is "ostensibly"... Secondly you are incorrect, they are not regarded as Christians in the slightest, even "ostensbily" as you wrongfully say. They are simply seen as devil worshipers and would not be allowed, unlike Christians to live in IS dominated land, as their religion is considered as influenced by the devil. Conclusion- You are wrong. I suggest you retract your statement.

ReputationRep:
    If you are concerned about his command of the language why are you speaking in such an eloquent way? Why not use plain Enlgish?

ReputationRep:
    American foreign policy is anti-Christian what do you expect when you have people like Kissinger giving advice

Don't be surprised they wish to wipe out Christians from the planet and have no problem supporting Muslims to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    No, instead he wishes to commit war crimes of his own...
    Do you even know what a war crime is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Because that is definition of genocide.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Please find me some proof that Christians are all automatically killed by ISIS
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    You've completely ignored the definition of genocide provided by the OP and myself: "acts .. to destroy .. in part .. a .. religious group"

there is clearly not a genocide against Christians
    Christian groups are being destroyed for refusing to renounce Christ | Example

Christian groups are being destroyed for refusing to convert to Islam | Example

"ISIS is looking to eradicate Christians altogether" | Source

"To see .. primarily Christians, but also the Yazidis .. persecuted in such large numbers is deeply alarming" | US Ambassador Saperstein

Yet the White house has designated Yazidi, not Christian, persecution genocide (to contain domestic Christian outrage) | Source

(Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    Firstly it is "ostensibly"
    Technically, aye, if you really want to split hairs, although ostensive is often defined/used/interpreted as 'seeming or professed; ostensible'

Yazidis are pagans
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    they are not regarded as Christians in the slightest
    ”Yazidis are .. monotheists .. whose faith has elements of Christianity”, hence ISIS fighters associate them/lump them in with Christians (although it is also indeed true to say that they are, additionally, regarded as devil worshipers) | Sources 1, 2

(Original post by offhegoes)
    If you are concerned about his command of the language why are you speaking in such an eloquent way?
    1) It’s just my style. I tend to try to articulate myself as concisely/accurately as possible (which occasionally means using complex language)

2) It’s desirable to help raise standards whenever/wherever one is able

3) If the standard of English of others (on a British based, education focused website) renders this difficult for them to comprehend then that's too bad/something they ought to work on. I'm usually happy to rephrase, and they've Google/fellow students at their disposal, at any rate

ReputationRep:
    Genocide is technically ethnic cleansing, right? Because if so, it never will be genocide...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Do you even know what a war crime is?
    Intentionally killing the families of terrorists who aren't involved in their actions (i.e. civilians) is a war crime

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abruiseonthesky)
    Genocide is technically ethnic cleansing, right? Because if so, it never will be genocide...
    All ethnic cleansing is genocide but not all genocide is ethnic cleansing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www.hrweb.org/legal/genocide.html

Article 2In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: (a) Killing members of the group; (b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; (c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; (d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; (e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

ReputationRep:
    Just checking in to say ITYS. US Obama Administration: Islamic State committed genocide against Yazidis, Christians and Shia Muslims :yy:

No dear. See definition in OP + my previous posts in this thread

ReputationRep:
    Again the thirst is unreal. Your height is probably not the reason you're not going to get with her
    Thanks for popping up in another thread just to ***** at me, from a position of pure ignorance. Now you've come out from under your rock, perhaps you'd care to comment on the above development, in the name of 'intellectual' honetsy, oh 'intelligent' one? :borat:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for popping up in another thread just to ***** at me, from a position of pure ignorance. Now you've come out from under your rock, perhaps you'd care to comment on the above development, in the name of 'intellectual' honetsy, oh 'intelligent' one? :borat:
    Of course the west are going to say that, they need to come up with a reason to continue their illegal bombing of syria.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.