The Student Room Group

Popular Music:Edge Hill,Manchester Met,South Wales University or Middllesex?

I've got unconditional offers from Edge Hill, MMU and South Wales and a conditional one from Middlesex (I don't think I'll have any problems meeting the conditions) and I've no idea what to do??!
Original post by venetiaan
I've got unconditional offers from Edge Hill, MMU and South Wales and a conditional one from Middlesex (I don't think I'll have any problems meeting the conditions) and I've no idea what to do??!

honestly I would say middlesex university! It is one of the most rising universities in the uk and their facilities are some of the best and most modern, including music studios, IT facilities, music rooms, etc etc... Also, it is in London (the best place for music) and they have a lot of partnerships there. And their teachers are really good. check out the profile of their teachers! you'll find popular music teachers who have worked with great artists, such as ed sheeren.. and the founder of XL Records (warner bros) is also a teacher there. so, as you see, mdx university really seems to be the best for popular music...

good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by jamespereira98
honestly I would say middlesex university! It is one of the most rising universities in the uk and their facilities are some of the best and most modern, including music studios, IT facilities, music rooms, etc etc... Also, it is in London (the best place for music) and they have a lot of partnerships there. And their teachers are really good. check out the profile of their teachers! you'll find popular music teachers who have worked with great artists, such as ed sheeren.. and the founder of XL Records (warner bros) is also a teacher there. so, as you see, mdx university really seems to be the best for popular music...

good luck :smile:

Thanks!
My only problem with Middlessex is that it seems a lot less focused on performance than some of the other ones, especially on the first year (at least from what I can see) and I'm not exactly sure I like that.
Thanks!
My only problem with Middlessex is that it seems a lot less focused on performance than some of the other ones, especially on the first year (at least from what I can see) and I'm not exactly sure I like that.

hey guys, I'm a first year at middlesex currently and i personally would not recommend the course at all, it is amazing that you're in london but this course is not particularly focused on performance at all so you might as well be somewhere else. there are so much better courses! i have written a bit of a in depth look at the first year i've had and i'll find the link of it for you if you want to know a bit about it :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=63291463#post63291463
Thanks!

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to give you the opportunity to check Echo Factory out, if you were still a little unsure on other options that may be available, as UCAS Extra is now open with the opportunity to still apply.

If you want to know more about us, feel free to head over to our Music Degrees page at: http://www.echofactory.co.uk/overview/

We offer a Bmus (HONS) Contemporary Music Performance which I think you would be really interested in.

I wanted to give you a couple of points on why Echo Factory is hugely different from other music institutions:

Our courses are designed to give you real-life music industry experience, actively performing, utilising our in house venue and also all of the fab festivals that happen each year in Leicester, work experience is with our industry insider tutors through the whole three years and are based around the concept of 360 degree knowledge.

We focus fully on individual talents and the development of each of our students strengths.

Based in the buzzing, vibrant city of Leicester, if your wanting to pursue a career in music, whatever the role may be, you should definitely check out our courses.

On UCAS they come under University of Wolverhampton as they are validated by them, but you would be studying at our brand new facilities, which has a record studio, in house venue, lecture theatre and mac suites.

I am happy to have a chat if you would like to know any more :smile: 0116 253 5657 or email me on [email protected].

Speak soon,

Taylor
Reply 5
Original post by laurjames
hey guys, I'm a first year at middlesex currently and i personally would not recommend the course at all, it is amazing that you're in london but this course is not particularly focused on performance at all so you might as well be somewhere else. there are so much better courses! i have written a bit of a in depth look at the first year i've had and i'll find the link of it for you if you want to know a bit about it :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=63291463#post63291463

Hello! Thank you that was really helpfull! It sounds like I wouldn't enjoy the course either so I guess Middlesex is out.
The only course that I feel I would definitely like at his point is the one in MMU but it's taught in Crewe and it sounds like a very awful place to live!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending