Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i'm applying for this years accommodation and i'm stuck between New Bridge Street and Trinity Square. I've read a couple of things weighing up pro's and con's of both but I'm still a bit unsure of which would be best suited to me.
    I want somewhere that is good for meeting people, good for parties, not bad for travelling, and somewhere just overall quite social.
    I only got the chance to look inside the New Bridge Street rooms but i've heard Trinity Square is near enough the same inside?
    I know that New Bridge Street is closer to uni but Trinity Square has more facilities inside.
    I just assumed with Trinity Square being the larger accommodation it would be more social and I just want opinions really on which would be best for me if anybody could help and give their experiences/views please??

ReputationRep:
    I've just applied for new bridge street for September, on the ground floor there are flats with up to 7 people so assume they are social! But most are 4 but I guess you make friends with other people in the flats! All I know is that trinity square is in Gateshead so quite far but there Arnt a lot of rooms left on new bridge street, there were only around 9 when I checked

ReputationRep:
    My son is in Trinity Square - 5 min walk to the Metro station (Approx £240 a year for a metro pass or £2.70 a day I think for a return ) 15 / 25 min walk to uni depending how fast you go- cinema 4 mins walk away (about £3 for students ) - out of the lift at Trinity and you literally step into the 24 hr Tesco - flats of 5 - brand new top end double fridge freezer in very large kitchen - all very good spec oven and hob etc (all russell hobbs and swan etc) - washing machine and tumble dryer in the flat - so no feeding many many pound coins into washing machines or tumble dryers,or carting your laundry down into the basement - dishwasher - good sized bedrooms with double bed - en-suite - there is also (from what I remember) all within a 5 min walk - Frankie & Benny's,Burger King ,Poundland ,Greengrocers, a big Iceland a Greggs and of course a huge Tesco- he is going into a studio at Trinity next year.

ReputationRep:
    I recommend Knoll Court, which also has parking, It is only 99 pounds per week http://www.touchstonestudentliving.c...e/knoll-court/

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  2. Northumbria University
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
  3. Northumbria University
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.