Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was on the right lane of the A1 after moving out to overtake some lorries, and I noticed an ambulance coming up behind me quickly - there was nowhere for me go back into to let it past - there were 4 lorries all practically tailgating each other with no room for me to pull into - so I accelerated up to 91 mph (for just a couple of seconds), before pulling into a space in front of them, and slowing down to around mid sixties again, but a speed camera flashed me as I was doing it.

I never speed - I use SpeedTronic all the time to keep me under the limit, I just disabled it for that moment so that I was able to let the ambulance past. Am I going to get a ticket? Will I be able to dispute it? I was only speeding up to let an emergency vehicle past.

ReputationRep:
    They will know by looking at the camera

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XMaramena)
    I was on the right lane of the A1 after moving out to overtake some lorries, and I noticed an ambulance coming up behind me quickly - there was nowhere for me go back into to let it past - there were 4 lorries all practically tailgating each other with no room for me to pull into - so I accelerated up to 91 mph (for just a couple of seconds), before pulling into a space in front of them, and slowing down to around mid sixties again, but a speed camera flashed me as I was doing it.

I never speed - I use SpeedTronic all the time to keep me under the limit, I just disabled it for that moment so that I was able to let the ambulance past. Am I going to get a ticket? Will I be able to dispute it? I was only speeding up to let an emergency vehicle past.
    If you make a inquiry and appeal it will get lifted don't worry about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnemyofState)
    If you make a inquiry and appeal it will get lifted don't worry about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Google it - it seems you are required to obey all road signs and rules regardless of the presence of emergency vehicles. It might get cancelled, but most likely won't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can't appeal it you either accept the points and fine or go to court although in your case 91mph seems too much what limit was it? They might just sent you a summons to court straight away.
    I doubt they will cancel it.

ReputationRep:
    you shouldve let the ambulance wait 4 seconds.

doubt itll be lifted but its worth a try. idk if you can still opt for a speed awareness course if you get summoned. i think at a 70mph limit summons happen if you go over 94mph but could be wrong.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.