Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been hearing rumours that apparently, study leaves starts at the 13th of May. The problem is, we've already had one exam by then, and that's when the exams come rolling in.

I could have sworn study leave is meant to be a month before exams start, where students are able to stay at home and study!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Hiya OP

Study leave is actually not determined by any national guidelines as such. It's completely up to your school or college to allow you study leave or not. Typically, they expect you to request permission in writing. That's what my school told me when I was taking my GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    My school doesn't have study leave. I am happy with that because I believe that I would've revise at all if I was to stay at home all day!

ReputationRep:
    My study leave starts at the end of March

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Writer_Refresh)
    I've been hearing rumours that apparently, study leaves starts at the 13th of May. The problem is, we've already had one exam by then, and that's when the exams come rolling in.

I could have sworn study leave is meant to be a month before exams start, where students are able to stay at home and study!
    awww i used too believe that study leave was actually time before the exams!

In my school it just means you don't go to school while exams are going on -.-

ReputationRep:
    It's subject to your school, if you don't know you're having one by now you probably aren't. My school no longer does study leave but I prefer to go in because you have the support of your teachers and there's less opportunities to procrastinate

ReputationRep:
    The thing is, I work better at home, because my Mum teaches me better than school does. Also, I think I'd be able to cover a lot at home in comparison to school.

ReputationRep:
    aww. gcse cutiess :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    My study leave starts at the end of March
    You ****ing what? Ours starts on Friday 13th May, my first exam is on the 16th... I get the weekend to revise...

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember having much study leave before exams at GCSE either, it doesn't have to start that far off the exams, mine must have only started the weekend before.

At A2 this year, I believe my study leave will begin with the week off in May, then I have my first exam around the 8th of June. I wish we were given more time for study leave.

ReputationRep:
    i have almost no study leave for exams *cries. My school decided the morning off if your exam is in the afternoon and the day before off if your exam is in the morning.

THIS SUCKS especially for subjects like philosophy ;(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    You ****ing what? Ours starts on Friday 13th May, my first exam is on the 16th... I get the weekend to revise...
    You would have that anyway . You should start revising before then.

ReputationRep:
    The last day before study leave at my school is the last day before May half term, so you do have a few exams before study leave at my school

Lol I don't get no study leave fml

ReputationRep:
    depends on your school

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the school. My year never had study leave. (However after some point, we only came in for lessons for the exams. But that was like 2 weeks before the last exam.) But the years before did.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.