Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Long story short, I ended up crying in my exam today because I didn't have a clue what I was doing and now I feel like a right idiot. Does anyone else have any similar experiences?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but for a different reason.

It was the English Language exam. And God, the essay they asked us to write about was so sad and depressing - I couldn't help but tear up inside and tear up outside. I was crying; I think it was "weeping" - my English is not that good. It was so painful.

I also cried (this time with laughter) when I got my results. I got an A for that exam - maybe the tear drops on the answer script might have influenced the examiner.

The examiner might have thought they were genuine.

ReputationRep:
    I almost did, in one of my A2 exams. It was a subject I'd never struggled in before, so when I found myself really struggling in the exam, I totally lost my confidence. I think the combination of having an unexpectedly difficult paper, plus the general stress of the exams just really got to me on that day, and I ended up crying on the way home and for most of the afternoon as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Long story short, I ended up crying in my exam today because I didn't have a clue what I was doing and now I feel like a right idiot. Does anyone else have any similar experiences?
    I've had exams that went so bad that I just doodled the whole way through, but I expected them to go bad, so I wasn't overly upset
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    I was very close to it in January.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I never cried in an exam, but I did make someone else cry afterwards. They said "that multiple choice question on page 3 about the titrations? I put down 3.15" I said "You mean page 6?"

I did, yes but for another reason.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I have in an A2 Chemistry ISA. Everyone was finishing up and starting to write their tables for a titration ISA. I, on the other hand, didn't manage to find any endpoints whatsoever and so had nothing to write down on the table and I broke down. :cry: :hide:

ReputationRep:
    i cried in my first C1 maths exam up to roughly midday. I completely lost confidence in myself during the exam and my mind went blank.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Yeah i cried in the maths GCSE (did it silently lol) it was because i found it so hard but i had spent two years working so hard to practise and practise bc maths isn't my strong point that when i couldn't do the questions (yeah it was that Edexcel one....inb4 hannah's sweets ;-; )i just couldn't help it
    Spoiler:
    Show
    it worked out good in the end tho so take that hannah

(Original post by CoolCavy)
    Yeah i cried in the maths GCSE (did it silently lol) it was because i found it so hard but i had spent two years working so hard to practise and practise bc maths isn't my strong point that when i couldn't do the questions (yeah it was that Edexcel one....inb4 hannah's sweets ;-; )i just couldn't help it
    Spoiler:
    Show
    it worked out good in the end tho so take that hannah
    Lmao well done

ReputationRep:
    I didnt exactly cry but I nearly burst out laughing at one of the questions lool coz I was kind of hysterical
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Lmao well done
    thank you tbh i still don't know the answers to those famous questions... still can't work it out :beard: x
    and btw don't feel like an idiot for crying :hugs: xxx

thank you tbh i still don't know the answers to those famous questions... still can't work it out :beard: x
    and btw don't feel like an idiot for crying :hugs: xxx
    Haha I'm not Anon 1 cavy...

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Last year in November I was sitting GCSE Maths, and the non-calc exam got me in tears while writing the paper. Towards the end the questions were just straight out ridiculous, so I ended up crying three quarters of the way through. I managed to hide it by keeping my eyes on the paper and sniffing discreetly. I look back at it now and think how I'd wasted time getting upset in an important exam. I don't think about it now though because through a miracle I passed

ReputationRep:
    No, I have never and I probbaly wont ever do so because I just think its pointless? Like whatever comrs up comes up lmao you cant change it.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Haha I'm not Anon 1 cavy...
    oops that awkward moment
    oh [email protected] i feel a right prat now :rofl:
    sorry :lovehug: x

oops that awkward moment
    oh [email protected] i feel a right prat now :rofl:
    sorry :lovehug: x
    Lol its fine

Last year when I sat my AS exams on May/June, during my C12 Maths paper [it's basically Core 1 and Core 2 combined] I missed like three to four questions, and I only realised that 5 minutes before the exam ended when the invigilator told us to go through our paper, I was in a state of shock. I started crying (and honestly didn't give a damn at whoever was looking at me at that moment cos I felt helpless).

ReputationRep:
    No, but I have been in an exam and started laughing uncontrollably because I knew so little about the exam in front of me. It was an accounting unit I'd chosen to do because it was supposed to be easy. Unsurprisingly failed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.