Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i dont think they can set a hard ch6 synop now, even more so being that it was stolen so they have to remake it at short notice and cant be as sneaky with q's as they aint got the time to plan them as much cos its gotta go to print

wat u reckon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravs)
    i dont think they can set a hard ch6 synop now, even more so being that it was stolen so they have to remake it at short notice and cant be as sneaky with q's as they aint got the time to plan them as much cos its gotta go to print

wat u reckon?
    great minds think alike i was just thinkin the same thin
    but i dunno i wouldnt count on anythin now...

ReputationRep:
    we could be tempting fate tho!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravs)
    we could be tempting fate tho!
    lol tru

...man seriously even if i had more time to revise.. i dont see myself revisin for stuff that came up...
    it was one weird paper....

ReputationRep:
    yeah BP comp graphs, that has got to be the biggest joke

never come up on a ch5 paper

also another good point is tht i have never seen a solid ch5 and ch6 synoptic paper for the same series

u either get one solid and one fine

lets make it happen!

ReputationRep:
    Umm... dont know bout u guys..... but i've never noticed..
    " including synoptic assessment" written beneath unit 5 on the title page of any unit 5 exam.......... and man that boiling point-composition question was the worst....... think i might scrape some marks there though.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [_Z_])
    Umm... dont know bout u guys..... but i've never noticed..
    " including synoptic assessment" written beneath unit 5 on the title page of any unit 5 exam
    My friend next to me in the exam room pointed it out to me before the exam. (I had noticed it anyway.) That has never been written on the front of C5 before, even though they have always included a synoptic element.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i was puzzled about the 'including synoptic assessment' too.
    could we appeal on those grounds and get them to give us all a's?
    so relieved that everyone seems to have found them awful too, but i agree with Dust, there's no way I would have revised those topics anyway, so i've got no guilt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celia)
    yeah, i was puzzled about the 'including synoptic assessment' too.
    could we appeal on those grounds and get them to give us all a's?
    so relieved that everyone seems to have found them awful too, but i agree with Dust, there's no way I would have revised those topics anyway, so i've got no guilt!

Man i wish we could do that.lol........ well...... this paper was tough...... and whats done is done...... lets just hope the synoptic paper is so easy it makes up for everything else (although its usually the other way around... everything else makes up for synoptic.lol..... especially in physics...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravs)

wat u reckon?
    but dnt they make a spare 2nd copy of each paper b4? like just in case... as a back up... so it'll probz be just as hard! h8 chem sooo much... wish i never chose it 4 a level!

ReputationRep:
    hey Rav.....act da edexcel always hav a 2nd copy of diff questions made for evry exams jus incase....n i doubt dey ll be easy....act da opp dere prob gunna be worse den da original......n only da section A is being changed...da rest is da sme!!! dats wot ma teacher told mee

gd luk evi 1....
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    hmmm yeah theres only one prob with the whole theory...
    the edexcel spokeswoman said theyre changing the one on tues... so it mite not go with the regular flow of one easy one hard thin...

...hmm i didnt mind the bp comp... its part of the syllubus i kinda like

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.