Do GCSE Religious Studies (Short-Course) in 2 months?

Watch
abjolm
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have exams coming up in May for GCSE, but we're still being made to participate in core RE lessons. In terms of workload, would anyone be able to offer advice or oppinion on trying to do the Unit 1 EDEXCEL course in 2 months? I don't want it to be too much that it distracts me from other courses. But I'm only doing 8 GCSEs this season, atm. Also, I wouldn't really want to enter if I couldn't get an A*
studyhardsophia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes do it im sure if you work hard you can do it!
Tinka99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do OCR full course Philosophy and Applied Ethics (basically full course RE) which consists of 8 modules in total and they are not that hard. The short course for OCR consists only of 4 modules and I know this as my whole year does short course RE. I guess it's not gonna be too different with Edexcel and personally, RE is one of the easiest subjects you could do at GCSE so I think you can study the short course in 2 months provided you put 110% in and revise lot an A*/A is guaranteed.
studyhardsophia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tinka99)
I do OCR full course Philosophy and Applied Ethics (basically full course RE) which consists of 8 modules in total and they are not that hard. The short course for OCR consists only of 4 modules and I know this as my whole year does short course RE. I guess it's not gonna be too different with Edexcel and personally, RE is one of the easiest subjects you could do at GCSE so I think you can study the short course in 2 months provided you put 110% in and revise lot an A*/A is guaranteed.
I do edexcel and unit 1 is only 4 modules!! Defo go for it pretty easy A/A*!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (126)
42.71%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (45)
15.25%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (118)
40%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (6)
2.03%

Watched Threads