Turn on thread page Beta

Motivation and Procrastination watch

ReputationRep:
    okay so I am great at procrastination but awful at motivating myself and I really need some help ah?

ReputationRep:
    Ok its quite hard, theres tons of steps involved are you sure you're ready?

OKStep 1=Log off tsr and switch off all distractions/electronics etc, tidy your desk and make an achievable list of what you want to do in a nice 30mins blocks

Step 2=Oh look at that

For REAL THO

1) Cut off distractions, not knowin the latest vid realesed on Ytube WONT KILL YOU, not seeing the latest profile pic on fb WONT SUFFOCATE YOU and missing the latest Twitter trends WONT DECREASE YOUR LIFE EXPECTANCY BY 5 years!

2) MANAGEABLE chunks, go for 30 min sessions maybe and break for 5-10

3) ORGANISED notes with clear checklists- I find it good to print off the specification so I know EXACTLY what I need to cover

4) PLAN the rest of your days, a timetable does wonders if its REALISTIC

4.5) Past Papers or Questions:afraid:, many dont want to hear this but it helps the most for a lot of people. You need to be able to APPLY KNOWLEDGE and questions are often recycled every 3-5 years as the exam writers need to take a break every so often also check up on the grade boundaries, sometimes its wayyy lower than you think! XD If its not studying for exams and just general homework, just make sure you really understand the stuff with maybe some more questions if you were unsure about the topic

5) Make sure you dont OVERDO it, you still need breaks, we're all only human and BURNING out is dangerous
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Sincere apologies for all the caps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EloiseeeAmy)
    okay so I am great at procrastination but awful at motivating myself and I really need some help ah?
    1. depends what you want to motivate yourself for
    2. procrastinate all you want, that just means less free time for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EloiseeeAmy)
    planning, todo lists and people that hold you accountable to those plans and todo lists and REWARDS

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.